How Well Will Pearl Do This Coming Year.

number of wins for pearl.

• Total voters
It is hard for me to say because I don't know anything about this team. But based on last year's record and what is coming back, then yes I can see 18. But you have to realize that when a team named Wisconsin Milwaukee is better than a school like UT, then you have either 1 or 2 issues: 1) Buzz Peterson could not recruit. 2) Buzz Peterson could not coach. If the answer is 2 then Pearl will win 20 games. I think it is fair to say that McCants and Tucker are the only 2 on Pearl's old team that could even make the roster. So I have to think coaching will be the difference.

Don't forget 1 other thing. Yes, the wins over Alabama and Boston College was huge for Pearl, but what gets lost in the limelight is he had Kansas on the road within 2-3 pts late in the game and that was when Kansas was ranked in the top 5.

We outrecruited Belmont for him so I would think he needs some work.

It will be cool seeing the tempo he will bring into the SEC...Florida used to do it but then they stopped why I do not know but it will be nice seeing a fast pace game!!

Let's look at it this way, he can't be much worse than what we are used to now...that's something right?

The same things that have been said about Meyer can also be applied to Pearl. He hasn't coached in a bigtime conference and he has alot to prove.

Originally posted by U-T@May 4, 2005 11:16 PM
Except the sports are completely different.

True...but in basketball you have a smaller margin of era than in football considering you only put 5 on the floor at one time. Recruiting is also more crutial since you usually only sign say 4 as opposed to around 30.

Originally posted by NCGatorBait+May 4, 2005 11:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NCGatorBait @ May 4, 2005 11:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-U&#045;T@May 4, 2005 11:16 PM

True...but in basketball you have a smaller margin of era than in football considering you only put 5 on the floor at one time. Recruiting is also more crutial since you usually only sign say 4 as opposed to around 30. [/quote]
In the same sense though, in basketball one or two good players can make a huge impact.

Originally posted by vol_freak+May 4, 2005 11:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak @ May 4, 2005 11:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by NCGatorBait@May 4, 2005 11:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-U&#045;T
@May 4, 2005 11:16 PM

True...but in basketball you have a smaller margin of era than in football considering you only put 5 on the floor at one time. Recruiting is also more crutial since you usually only sign say 4 as opposed to around 30.

In the same sense though, in basketball one or two good players can make a huge impact. [/quote]
Yes..and more so in bball.

VN Store

Back