How will the baseball team be?

vols1118

Based on the talent we have on our roster this season, how will we compete with the other SEC teams? I have been hoping for a good season for awhile now.

Based on the talent we have on our roster this season, how will we compete with the other SEC teams? I have been hoping for a good season for awhile now.

I'm sad to say that I have completely lost track of UT baseball the past 3 years. What's the story on this season? Are we predicting a Super Regional appearance or better? Maybe worse?

Well hopefully they can take the fact that they were the only team to win the series vs LSU (the eventual national champs) into this season.

Why can the baseball program never make it to the next level? Is the support just not there in Knoxville? I know baseball is worshiped at LSU and Ole Miss. I am a UT baseball outsider but Coach Delmonico seemed like a decent coach. Why did we dump him suddenly?

.......so now you've turned your expertise on 1/1/10 to this coming baseball season and summarily dismisseed both the coach and the team.........

Happy New Year!

They will again be under .500. Thankfully, the Todd Raleigh era will come to an end.

This.

I hope they do well but if they have another year like the last 2, then he needs to go.

I know baseball isn't exactly the talk of the town but they can do better.

Yall havent been happy with your coach for a loooooooong time. What seems to be the hold up in getting some new blood in there? Waiting on his contract to end I suppose?

I'll argue both Kiffin and Pearl had All-American talent compared to what Raleigh had when he took over, but I continually shake my head at how the team plays at times.

It's year #3 and if this team doesn't make a regional (or even regional final) then I think he has to be evaluated at season's end very closely. They had a little bit of mo at the end of the year last year. I hope they can turn that into some success in '10.

Yall havent been happy with your coach for a loooooooong time. What seems to be the hold up in getting some new blood in there? Waiting on his contract to end I suppose?

They are just going to quietly let his contract expire and go from there. There is not enough of the fan base who care about baseball to justify a buyout.

The team has a lot of talent. The pitching as been a big problem during the Raleigh Era

We have a baseball team? The talent isn't bare, Raleigh better have a solid season or his tenure at Knoxville will be a brief one.

Does anyone know the projected weekend rotation? Morgado, ?, ?

Not that I not a baseball expert by any means, but I would say that Rob Catapano has a good shot at being the number two man in the rotation... He is a transfer from North Carolina and has a ring.

Not that I not a baseball expert by any means, but I would say that Rob Catapano has a good shot at being the number two man in the rotation... He is a transfer from North Carolina and has a ring.

Nice, I forgot about him. We recruited him heavily out of Farragut.

VN Store

Back