How will we do against South Carolina?

Memphis_Volunteer

How do y'all think we will do against South Carolina? I think it will be another close one, like the one last year, but we will win 30-20.

Not sure. I won't guarantee a win by any stretch, but it will be a good fight. We've shown what we did against Georgia, and even Bama came with it and we beat them.

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Oct 24, 2004 10:42 AM
If UT plays like the last 2 weeks they lose.

Maybe if the breaks all go SC's way you might be right, but having seen SC in person I don't see us losing to them. In fact, with SC banged up at QB, if our defense plays the way it has the last 2 weeks, we'll pitch a shutout. SC after all, only managed 12 points against Kentucky.

Should be another nail biter, but looks like our boys in orange have found their way...Go Vols!

South Carolina always plays tough but they can never pull it out in the end!! We win in another squeaker!!!!!! B) My nerves cant take much more!!!!! :beer:

Last I heard,SC gets back a few players for the game with us, i thought including their QB and a RB. As for how the game will go... It depends on alot of luck. I am sure Fulmer believes we have better talent than SC, and his stated philosophy is that against teams where they feel they have the advantage talent-wise, they go conservative, and when we play a team he feels is better talentwise, they open it up a bit more. This means another game of conservative playcalling. More than likely, unless SC's defense is weak (i havent followed SC at all so i am relatively clueless on how good they are exactly) we are going to have another game of a bunch of ~1 yard runs and long 3rd downs. Herein comes the luck, as if we have any turnovers, we could throw the game away,

Originally posted by Jethro@Oct 24, 2004 4:39 AM
The cocks have an inflated look about them.  Must be in anticipation of something (?).

That's the funniest thing I've saw today!
"The cocks have an inflated look about them. Must be in anticipation of something (?)."
Inflated cocks! hahahaha
:naughty:

UT will take a different approach to this game.

1. It's not Bama
2. It's on the road
3. We need it to win the conference
4. Last year was too close.

I say Vols by 17. It looks line the line is only 2 which suprises me a little.

Folks SC is comingoff an open date....and Ole' Lou sure wants to beat Tennesee.

SCARY GAME REAL SCARY...

Originally posted by Tnvolfan68@Oct 24, 2004 11:10 PM
Folks SC is comingoff an open date....and Ole' Lou sure wants to beat Tennesee.

SCARY GAME REAL SCARY...

I really don't like open dates. I think it can give your team a chance to heal if they are banged up but I think you lose some of your rhythm.

Vols big, 34-10. I dunno, I just feel it coming. We're due, you know. . . .

Does anybody know what the SC QB situation is going to be? I know Newton and Pinkins were hurt last week and they had to play 3rd and 4th stringers against Kentucky, hence they only scored 12 points and had to score a late TD to win. :yikes:

Originally posted by GAVol@Oct 24, 2004 11:34 PM
Does anybody know what the SC QB situation is going to be? I know Newton and Pinkins were hurt last week and they had to play 3rd and 4th stringers against Kentucky, hence they only scored 12 points and had to score a late TD to win. :yikes:

Both QB's are still questionable at this point. We should know a little more tomorrow.

I see the score being UT 35 USC 14 USC will use Pinkins and the other guy forgot his name...

If we are able to stop the run and make them have to throw the ball and stop there best WR Shaun Williamson we win!!

Oh yea whats the deal with the dollars? sorry I'm new

Tough thing about SC is that Lou will run out of everything from 5 wideouts to a Winged T to a Wishbone. And hopefully we won't make Demetrius Summers look like Marshall Faulk the way we did last year.

If CPF wants to really make an impact on the ratings this week, an absolute trampling of SC is going to be needed. The pollsters know that the Gamecocks are having a pretty good season, and if the Vols can absolutely clean house, it will be our best chance for a rankings boost before the end of the season.

The way things are going now, I don't think the pollsters really care about our margin of victory against SC. Now if we could manage to wack Notre Dame by 15+ points, then we might jump a team or two. For better or for worse, the media still loves the Irish.

Lou has said for a week that both QB's will be back for UT and trust me he wants to beat UT worse than anyone else on his schedule. They will be ready and fired up and your crazy if you don't think he hasn't memorized what Ole Miss's defense did to UT and he will have seen the Bama tape 3 or 4 times by Monday morning and will know what both have done slap UT's offense around.

SC had 203 yrds. rushing in the game against Bama and we only mustered 63 against them.We need to get that running game going.SC only got 46 yrds on the pass against their defense.Lou is going to give us all we can handle this week.This is going to be another tough one.

VN Store

Back