How would you grade today's performance?

I was at the game today. I thought it said it all while in the second half and we would be in 3rd down, you could look on our bench and see a large white sign saying "punt team". It was as if our own staff new we could not pick up the third down. I hope better times are to come but today i rate as a epic failure. Sorry to be so negetive but this has gone on for to many years. Hate seeing my Vols perform like this.

Remarkable. Why is it hard to understand. Our talent is at the bottom of the SEC. Right now our fans are at the bottom also.

Sums it up accurately.

Offense was offensive.

Secondary stunk and tackling was atrocious.

Tackling and coverage on kicks was terrible - only a matter of time before a kick gets run back on us.

We need serious improvement or we may have another losing season in the making.

Any coach that's dumb enough to try and run with OR, needs to reevaluate your decision making process. Then not slow things down when it's obviously blowing up in your face is truly amazing.

Reactions: 1 person
Remarkable. Why is it hard to understand. Our talent is at the bottom of the SEC. Right now our fans are at the bottom also.

Based on what I saw today our coaches and players are both at the bottom but definitely not the fans - a lot of orange in the stands in Oregon was the only positive today.

0's around the board. No running game to control tempo (not to mention our qb play is terrible), defense totally lost composure and forgot assignments, and coach's were shell shocked at the stage they were on today. With that said, this was a learning experience for the staff just as much as it was for the players. We'll have to see how cbj reacts later down the road to determine how much he/his staff learned from today's very brutal lesson.

0,0,0 but it's like me taking an advance aerospace engineering test. What else would you expect?

No but we could have used a power run game I AGREE. THE ONLY PART OF THE GAME WHERE WE ARE BETTER THAN THEM AND WE DIDNT USE IT TO HELP SLOW DOWN THE GAME AND THEIR POSSESIONS . WTF? ALSO, AFTER PUNTING ON 4TH DOWN IN PLUS TERRITORY TWICE AND HAVING THEM SCORE IN 2-3 PLAYS ONE WOULD THINK THAT BUTCH WOULD HAVE SEEN THAT THE LESSER EVIL IS TO GO FOR A FIRST DOWN AND RUN SOME MORE CLOCK. BUT NO, IT WAS FULMERESQUE- WE USED THE RUN TO SET UP THE PUNT, CAUSE OUR DEFENSE IS SO DAMNED GOOD. IF THEY HADNT SHOWN MERCY, THEY COULD HAVE WON BY 100 POINTS. HOW CAN WE HAVE BEEN THAT OUTCLASSED- IT WAS SICKENING. BASED ON TODAY, VANDY WILL BEAT US AND KY IS NOT A SURE WIN . VERY DISHEARTENING DAY.

Was surprised Vols got the early lead. For a brief moment, I was hoping the Vols might get something going. However, the Vols talent level is so depleted that it was a lost cause. Oregon has been consistently building and improving over the past 10 years, while the Vols over the same time period have consistently gotten worse.

With that in mind, and reading the above comments, I have to ask; What the hell did you all expect? An overnight transformation? Opening game is a 45-0 blowout..of WHO? Austin Peay is a joke! One week later, 52-20 against Western Kentucky, a never has been want to be. I am amazed that anyone in their right minds expectations got pumped up over that.

So Oregon handed the Vols their asses. Every reputable sports journalist who has seen these teams train and play, who make their living watching and studying these teams correctly predicted this game. We probably are going to see Oregon ranked No. 1 next week. They played like it too.

Hopefully, in a year or two once we see the arrival of some highly rated recruiting classes that did not have Derrick Dooley screwing with their minds taking the field, the Vols will look like the Vols again. But for anyone thinking we could be competitive this week, welcome to Fantasy Island.

I can't believe Jones is trying to run this offense with Worley, it's insane, something must change and quickly.

Was surprised Vols got the early lead. For a brief moment, I was hoping the Vols might get something going. However, the Vols talent level is so depleted that it was a lost cause. Oregon has been consistently building and improving over the past 10 years, while the Vols over the same time period have consistently gotten worse.

With that in mind, and reading the above comments, I have to ask; What the hell did you all expect? An overnight transformation? Opening game is a 45-0 blowout..of WHO? Austin Peay is a joke! One week later, 52-20 against Western Kentucky, a never has been want to be. I am amazed that anyone in their right minds expectations got pumped up over that.

So Oregon handed the Vols their asses. Every reputable sports journalist who has seen these teams train and play, who make their living watching and studying these teams correctly predicted this game. We probably are going to see Oregon ranked No. 1 next week. They played like it too.

Hopefully, in a year or two once we see the arrival of some highly rated recruiting classes that did not have Derrick Dooley screwing with their minds taking the field, the Vols will look like the Vols again. But for anyone thinking we could be competitive this week, welcome to Fantasy Island.

What he said.

No but we could have used a power run game I AGREE. THE ONLY PART OF THE GAME WHERE WE ARE BETTER THAN THEM AND WE DIDNT USE IT TO HELP SLOW DOWN THE GAME AND THEIR POSSESIONS . WTF? ALSO, AFTER PUNTING ON 4TH DOWN IN PLUS TERRITORY TWICE AND HAVING THEM SCORE IN 2-3 PLAYS ONE WOULD THINK THAT BUTCH WOULD HAVE SEEN THAT THE LESSER EVIL IS TO GO FOR A FIRST DOWN AND RUN SOME MORE CLOCK. BUT NO, IT WAS FULMERESQUE- WE USED THE RUN TO SET UP THE PUNT, CAUSE OUR DEFENSE IS SO DAMNED GOOD. IF THEY HADNT SHOWN MERCY, THEY COULD HAVE WON BY 100 POINTS. HOW CAN WE HAVE BEEN THAT OUTCLASSED- IT WAS SICKENING. BASED ON TODAY, VANDY WILL BEAT US AND KY IS NOT A SURE WIN . VERY DISHEARTENING DAY.

I liked this for emphatic passion and drama. I personally like to see that. It's the fun part of VN after a day like yesterday. :)

VN Store

Back