Huge program win

Could you imagine telling your past self the position we’re currently in as a program in December of 2020? Crazy.
I'd have said " Let me get this straight. You're saying in 2 years we'll beat Florida, then Alabama with them having a stud qb , only lose to NC Georgia and 1 no-show game , then blow out Clemson in a bowl game , and then 2 seasons later start 4-0 , physically overpower Oklahoma in Norman and be ranked in the top 5 again? Yeh dude you're high , but I'll take it !!"

We were fortunate that Venables did not start the backup quarterback because that guy has wheels.
I’m not sure what banks did on the two drives in the 4th. He called a completely different game than the rest. If he played the whole game, Arion Carter would have to spy him and I don’t think he is a super huge threat.

Reactions: posivol and Remy
We were fortunate that Venables did not start the backup quarterback because that guy has wheels.

That act has been a bugaboo for the Vols since Saban was at LSU. Backup Matt Mauck beat us with his legs in the 2001 SEC CG. A few years later, Jacoby Brissett came in as a sub and beat us with his legs. However, this version of the Vols Ds is rock faster than both those UT teams.

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back