Hughes

Yes our D-Line is shaky but there is some potential there. Demonte Bolden and Dan Williams showed flashes of potential especially against Georgia. Walter Fisher should offer solid play if he can remain healthy. Ben Martin is a BEAST and wasnt healthy last year. Martin was the Gatorade Player of the Year in Ohio when we landed him. Robert Ayers might be able to provide decent production as well.

The rest of the guys Brimfield,Langely,Nelson,Brown and Mathis are questionable at best. We would still be in the same situation with 4* DT and DE recruits this year. Lets hope Berry and Morley can play up to their potential next year.

Langley redshirted last year and was a pretty highly rated recruit. He might not be proven but he has the potential to be pretty good.

This kid may be like Cory Hall that got bashed on here last year. I heard on the radio that Hall was an All-American this year in juco. Hughes has the body to help he just needs to get his grades right it sounds like.

This kid may be like Cory Hall that got bashed on here last year. I heard on the radio that Hall was an All-American this year in juco. Hughes has the body to help he just needs to get his grades right it sounds like.
Cory Hall has been a beast everywhere he has been.

I saw the big kid out of DC that went to UNC once this year on tv... he was getting pushed around by ECU or someone like that.

DL and OL are probably the most difficult positions for the recruiting svcs to evaluate. There are few if any ready to make a real contribution on a championship level team.

A friend of mine that knows Hughes and also has some relationship with Fulmer gave me some insight on Hughes. He basically compaired him to a Justin Harrell type player. He did say that he will be a project but that Hughes also has unlimited energy and he makes people around him better.

Any truth to a rumor I saw that he has a cousin that could end up a highly touted recruit?

Is it just me or does it seem strange that no databases including rivals had any information on Hughes and just today, he is a 2* recruit with a 5.3 rating and they have video on him?

Maybe he is one of those kids that just slipped through the cracks. I think that happens sometimes. Especially if they don't attend football camps and get there name out there. Whether he did any of this or not, I don't know.

I kind of like us taking a chance on him. He apparently performed really well in the Toyota East-West All Star game. I hope the kid does well!

Is it just me or does it seem strange that no databases including rivals had any information on Hughes and just today, he is a 2* recruit with a 5.3 rating and they have video on him?

that is odd. I know I looked for him yesterday and found nothing.

did you notice that that EVERYONE he tackled went backwards quick, fast, and in a hurry.

everytime i get on rivals to look at a video, i can only watch one..and then it says i must subscribe...anyone know whats up?

VN Store

Back