Hunter Ensley Returning for 2025

This is great news for Vol fans! Interesting decision though because he'll be 24 years old at the 2025 draft (well, 1-month shy of 24). Wonder what his Advisor told him that made him decide to return. Regardless, we're better for it.

Hypothetical, if he hears his name in the first ten rounds, does he still stay? Everyone is always talking about leverage and how players lose it when their eligibility is up, so would Hunter still stay if some team as impressed enough with his play to take him in the first ten rounds?
I can’t imagine him not signing in that case. Hell, Tony should tell him he’s not allowed back. You don’t turn that down to come back, then have zero leverage next year.

Happy for him, plus that gives him leverage since he has announced that he is willing to come back. Leverage is the key word for draft.

Kirby exploring the draft or joining the staff next year?

I really wish someone would give him a chance. I know he doesn't throw upper 90s but he has proved he's lockdown when ya need him!

1st time I went to Fenway was in the 90s. Didnt pay attention to who was the starter. I'm like "wth is this throwing so slow"? Was Wakefield. He had a nice career...... and threw nothing close to heat!

Seems they only prioritize velocity right now.

He has been my favorite Vol! If anyone bleeds orange.....it's that guy!

I know you're a proud poppa! Should be!

VN Store

Back