Hunter going to get hurt?

You think Hunter is still playing scared and is that ultimately going to get him hurt worse? Who is surprised?

Titans' Justin Hunter needs to practice safer - ESPN

Hunter will seldom see the field this season, UNLESS there is a significant injury to one of the other Titan receivers. They have Kendall Wright, Nate Washington, Kenny , and some experienced 2nd string guys. He may see the field one or two plays per game. You will have to listen very intently to even hear his name called on the radio.

Being smart to make a cute point is just what I do. Maybe I need to have AJ add a "troll" banner to my new avi so VN newbies like you will quit getting so butt-hurt when I post. Thanks for your response though. I found it informative and enlightening
edit: just noticed you've been around since 09. But it still applies to part-timers

Leaning on your post history to gain credibility does the opposite at light speed!

Reactions: 1 person
Going against Benard Pollard in your first ever NFL training camp is a bad situation for any WR, esp of you don't like going down.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hunter going to get hurt?

Hope he can get a little bigger and stronger. He reminds me of watching TR back in 85, every play I held my breathe.

Wow did anyone read this. It said he needs to get down faster. So this timid crap people are saying is crap.

If you read part of it and what Hunter said, you might glean that, but that is not really what it says. You know how Hunter kind of just falls backwards when he sees a hit coming, that is what he is talking about. Alligator arms that he has may keep him safe though. So it could be a positive in that regard.

It's just like Dooley said. He got injured at a very important time in his development and lost out on a lot of strength and conditioning. He wasn't able to bulk up at a critical time in his physical development. It showed when he came back.

if he's like many of our juniors that have left early, he'll be hurt by by the 1st game. it seems UT players who have left early get a serious injury.

i sure hope hunter has learned how to catch the ball now that hes in the NFL if he hasnt it wont matter how he falls to the ground

Reactions: 2 people
You think Hunter is still playing scared and is that ultimately going to get him hurt worse? Who is surprised?

Titans' Justin Hunter needs to practice safer - ESPN

Do you have proof that he played "scared" of injury, or are you just assuming or parroting others assumptions?

The guy had like over 60 catches iirc, quadrupling his previous full years total. I hope our entire WR group plays scared this fall.

Last edited:
During OTAs a couple of months ago

Justin Hunter - WR - Titans

Titans WRs coach Shawn Jefferson is questioning second-round WR Justin Hunter's toughness as he sits out of OTAs with a hamstring injury.
"Justin needs to get his (butt) going," Jefferson said. "Sometimes we have to fight through things. That’s how I was taught with Bill Parcells. If it ain’t broke, then I’m not hurt. This is a very crucial time. This is where we see the growth in the kid, where he gets used to going through some adversity." Coach Mike Munchak and OC Dowell Loggains were more diplomatic with their comments, but it's unlikely Jefferson would have popped off to such a degree without their permission. Hunter should be motivated for training camp.
Fast Foward.....

The other day during the start of training camp

After getting called out by Titans WRs coach Shawn Jefferson during OTAs, second-round pick Justin Hunter was ripped by SS Bernard Pollard during Saturday's training camp practice.
Pollard spent part of practice "blistering the ears" of Hunter, apparently for "his ability to come across the middle on pass plays," Said Pollard later, "We want you to produce. This team is expecting you to produce. So I think if we can get into his head now, Sundays will be a lot easier." The rookie has now drawn the ire of a veteran teammate and respected position coach in a two-month span. Jul 28 - 4:23 PM
Source: Nashville Tennessean

Welcome to the big boys league, Justin lol

Want to see the best out of him,but he will probably play timid. He will be missing those in the numbers passes with his arms out as if he were catching a beach ball.

Wow did anyone read this. It said he needs to get down faster. So this timid crap people are saying is crap.

Did you read it?

"But soon after, Hunter went down awkwardly again. He looked timid and unsure as he went to the ground feet first, on his backside, nearly asking for a cleat to get stuck in the ground and something bad to happen to one of his legs. "

"“Especially one play where he ran across the middle and he tries to stop and turn back the other way and go in the middle of the field. I mean there are defensive players running all over the place. Just for safety precautions on himself. Out here he is all safe and all. Come in two weeks when you play the Washington Redskins, you do one of those things, no telling what’s going to happen, tearing up your knees stopping suddenly or somebody dives into the leg or whatnot.” "

I don't know why he is playing scared though. I tore my acl twice in football and wasn't scared coming back. Yeah it hurts like hell the first 30 minutes but after that it just gets stiff as a board and then you have surgery and it hurts for a couple of days then it feels normal but weak. He's getting paid too either way .

poor guy....they still going after him lol

Welcome to the pros

Titans WRs coach Shawn Jefferson has "continued to ride" rookie Justin Hunter in training camp, "demanding more intensity and mental toughness."
Per the Tennessean's John Glennon, Jefferson "lit up" Hunter "with some choice language" following a Tuesday practice drill. Hunter has drawn the ire of coaches and teammates (e.g. Bernard Pollard) alike through the first week of camp. Known as soft both mentally and in terms of on-field play at Tennessee, Hunter will have to take a big leap to be a serious rookie-season factor.
Source: Jonathan Hutton on Twitter
Jul 30 - 10:41 PM

It's just like Dooley said. He got injured at a very important time in his development and lost out on a lot of strength and conditioning. He wasn't able to bulk up at a critical time in his physical development. It showed when he came back.

Never start a post like this ever again...

That tells me coaches and veterans see his talent and potential. Getting ripped on this early will hopefully help his growth and get him to play to his potential. A lot is expected of him, and rightfully so.

VN Store

Back