Hurd not resting on success

ItsAllVols

Go Vols
Jalen is such a leader, I believe he will mold what wearing the "T" is all about...Young man, you will soon hear chants from UT Fans JALEN HURD...just as EB....

Jalen Hurd

Reactions: 3 people
"I've been working with Jalen about a year and a half now. The main progress I have seen is in his pad level, and the bulk weight he has put on throughout. When I first got with him, I could tell he was explosive, but like with any tall athlete, he kind of exposed himself with his chest up and his pad level was horrible.
Glad someone else noticed. :thumbsup:

Future Eric Dickerson. I don't know, just with his RB success and 4.3 speed and all. But that size.... LB could eventually be it. Personally, I wanna see 3 yrs of him toting the rock.

If our man, Butch is as smart as I believe, he'll not make JH a LB. The Vols need a smash mouth RB who is capable of running over people. If he can outrun them too, that's a bonus. I think his build and style make him like Eric Dickson but he with his weight and power, he may be closer to a Larry Csonka type back. In either case, to not let him play the position he plays would be a mistake. Especially since the 2014 OL might not be as good as the one we have now. If no hole was available, Csonka made his own. Jalen could too.

If our man, Butch is as smart as I believe, he'll not make JH a LB. The Vols need a smash mouth RB who is capable of running over people. If he can outrun them too, that's a bonus. I think his build and style make him like Eric Dickson but he with his weight and power, he may be closer to a Larry Csonka type back. In either case, to not let him play the position he plays would be a mistake. Especially since the 2014 OL might not be as good as the one we have now. If no hole was available, Csonka made his own. Jalen could too.

Yeah and the Alabama backs the last few years has been pretty big. They won two championships with those big backs. I will take that.

Reactions: 1 person
and to add for reference - Jamal Lewis smashed the SEC with a whopping 4.58..

My memories of Jamal leaving SEC defensive backs in the dust do not agree with a 4.58 40. This source (Jamal Lewis - RB - Tennessee - 2000 NFL Combine Results), however, does list him at that time with an asterisk indicating that it was "Not an official NFL Combine time." On the other hand, this source (NFL Draft Workout Notes) credits him with a 4.37 time in the 40 and quotes Jamal as saying, "I just wanted to run like a 4.38 or a 4.39. A lot of teams thought I was running like a 4.5 or 4.6, so I just had to prove them wrong."

My gut tells me if Hurd runs in that same neighborhood as an incoming freshman, we are most definitely looking at a Jamal-like talent.

I hate to wish the season away, and I'm really not, I'm just really excited to see our 2014 class comes together! Even more than that I am ready to see them on Saturdays in Neyland!!

I hope that we can put together a 7-5 (8-5 with a bowl win) season and keep the excitement around Knoxville going!

GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: 1 person
My memories of Jamal leaving SEC defensive backs in the dust do not agree with a 4.58 40. This source (Jamal Lewis - RB - Tennessee - 2000 NFL Combine Results), however, does list him at that time with an asterisk indicating that it was "Not an official NFL Combine time." On the other hand, this source (NFL Draft Workout Notes) credits him with a 4.37 time in the 40 and quotes Jamal as saying, "I just wanted to run like a 4.38 or a 4.39. A lot of teams thought I was running like a 4.5 or 4.6, so I just had to prove them wrong."

My gut tells me if Hurd runs in that same neighborhood as an incoming freshman, we are most definitely looking at a Jamal-like talent.

I didn't dig real deep for that number, but he most definitely left people in the dust. At that time the SEC was coming up but few were at the talent level of UT's offense in the mid-late 90's. UF is one - but there weren't many others.

I agree with you though - if hes in that speed range and keeps running full steam - he will be elite fo sho.

Taking 5 ephedra before you run will do that.

Glad someone else noticed. :thumbsup:

arian foster,eric dikerson, eddie george, adrian peterson were and are high knee, upright runners. If hurd can get his knees up and pick his feet up(unlike Neal) it will make the transition seemless. When a player has this much potential , one wants to coach to their strengths. It should not be hard to coach him to get his pad level down once he participates in a UT practice. Hurd will be one of the top backs in the league by midway through his freshman year

You are literally the most negative person I've seen on this board...it's not even attacking another person, but you literally never have anything good to say about anything(least not that I've seen).
You're a doll. Go back through all my posts right now and be prepared to apologize.

arian foster,eric dikerson, eddie george, adrian peterson were and are high knee, upright runners. If hurd can get his knees up and pick his feet up(unlike Neal) it will make the transition seemless. When a player has this much potential , one wants to coach to their strengths. It should not be hard to coach him to get his pad level down once he participates in a UT practice. Hurd will be one of the top backs in the league by midway through his freshman year
That would surprise me if our graduating/drafted O-Line is that capable. Hurd's capabilities won't surprise me.

I chest bumped Mr. Jalen Hurdles as we ran into each other walking down Peyton Manning Pass leaving the O & W game. He was walking with Vic Wharton and DeAndre Payne. Very impressive kid!

VN Store

Back