Hurd not resting on success

It's impressive because he's 6'4, 232. Neal runs it but he's also 5'11", 211.

Not saying these aren't times that have been reported by someone somewhere, but you should always take these times with a grain of salt. Only 12 guys at the combine this year ran a sub 4.40. Thats guys who have spent 3-4 years in college who spent a solid 2-3 months training for the combine and 40 in particular.

and to add for reference - Jamal Lewis smashed the SEC with a whopping 4.58..
Jamal Lewis ran a sub 4.4 prior to the draft. Can't remember if it was at the combine or pro day, but it was a key reason why he jumped up draft boards and was taken very early in the 1st Rd.

If Jalen can stay healthy, I think this team is going to be special. 3 WR's who are 6'4"+ and another (Blanc) that is 6'3" and with speed. I haven't seen a single running back coming out of HS, in the past decade or so, that's more impressive than Jalen. NOT....EVEN...CLOSE.

Never ever been more happy to have a recruit, since Peyton Manning.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I chest bumped Mr. Jalen Hurdles as we ran into each other walking down Peyton Manning Pass leaving the O & W game. He was walking with Vic Wharton and DeAndre Payne. Very impressive kid!

Jalen will make Arian foster look like a sissy!

Jamal Lewis ran a sub 4.4 prior to the draft. Can't remember if it was at the combine or pro day, but it was a key reason why he jumped up draft boards and was taken very early in the 1st Rd.

If Jalen can stay healthy, I think this team is going to be special. 3 WR's who are 6'4"+ and another (Blanc) that is 6'3" and with speed. I haven't seen a single running back coming out of HS, in the past decade or so, that's more impressive than Jalen. NOT....EVEN...CLOSE.

Never ever been more happy to have a recruit, since Peyton Manning.

I'm excited about Jalen, but don't get carried away and put him in the same category as Adrian Peterson, Reggie bush (in college), Trent Richardson, or Marcus lattimore yet. He still needs to play a down. I think he will be get good, but to say he's better than the mentioned players and its not close is ridiculous to say about any player coming out of high school.

I'm excited about Jalen, but don't get carried away and put him in the same category as Adrian Peterson, Reggie bush (in college), Trent Richardson, or Marcus lattimore yet. He still needs to play a down. I think he will be get good, but to say he's better than the mentioned players and its not close is ridiculous to say about any player coming out of high school.
Reading comprehension is fun. You should try it sometime. I stand by what I said. I have followed recruiting for over 2 decades now....longer than many posters here have been alive, and I have yet to see a single RB COMING OUT OF HS....better than Jalen. Is that a difficult concept to grasp? I didn't equate his HS accomplishments with others college accomplishments. YOU did.

I never said he'll have better stats that Adrian Peterson or others (maybe he will...maybe he won't), but his highlight reel makes every other HS RB's, I've seen, look paltry by comparison. We are very lucky his is a TN native. I doubt we'd have a chance otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Hurd reminds me of Dustin Greene, I really think he is gonna outgrow RB like DG did and be a TE

Reading comprehension is fun. You should try it sometime. I stand by what I said. I have followed recruiting for over 2 decades now....longer than many posters here have been alive, and I have yet to see a single RB COMING OUT OF HS....better than Jalen. Is that a difficult concept to grasp? I didn't equate his HS accomplishments with others college accomplishments. YOU did.

I never said he'll have better stats that Adrian Peterson or others (maybe he will...maybe he won't), but his highlight reel makes every other HS RB's, I've seen, look paltry by comparison. We are very lucky his is a TN native. I doubt we'd have a chance otherwise.
Negavol.

You seem to ignore that the quote says his pad level WAS to high. This relates to a year and half ago when Jalen was coming off of his sophomore year of football.
I didn't ignore the most recent films and the high pad level he displayed in them.

"Too" not "to" btw. :hi:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back