I am OK with today as much as it stings

volinbama256

But.... the only thing that has GOT to change is the QB. I think Worley is a high quality kid, but he is simply not going to get it done. Time to move on....

Reactions: 2 people
agree with op as much as its hard to believe i didnt get too mad about todays game we just looked outmatched
though i do think we need a change at qb

our offense as a whole today was exposed. not just worley.

we didn't run the ball like i thought we would be able with our all world o-line. then we were forced to rely on worley to make some throws and it became painfully obvious we can't do that consistently.

How in the world could you blame all this on the quarterback?

There were plenty of problems on defense, or did you guys watch a different game?

We are a work in progress and there will be days like this but there will be some good surprises too.

It sucks to lose this bad but we will win some more games this year and against one or two teams that we are not projected to beat.

Be patient my friends.

To have had any chance to win we would have to run the ball between the tackles and slow it down. It looks like Butch just wants to run his offense no matter what the cost. This may be a good long run strategy even though it will be a very long season getting there. Hopefully, eventually as Butch gets his players on board and continues to mold this team into what he wants, we as fans will see a better product on the field. Trying to run his offense with Dooley's players will be tough.

Reactions: 1 person
How in the world could you blame all this on the quarterback?

There were plenty of problems on defense, or did you guys watch a different game?

We are a work in progress and there will be days like this but there will be some good surprises too.

It sucks to lose this bad but we will win some more games this year and against one or two teams that we are not projected to beat.

Be patient my friends.

everyone knew our defense would get tested. It appears for most of the game Coach Jones is scared to throw the ball in key situations, therefore he doesn't have faith in the qb.

our offense as a whole today was exposed. not just worley.

we didn't run the ball like i thought we would be able with our all world o-line. then we were forced to rely on worley to make some throws and it became painfully obvious we can't do that consistently.

It is a little easier to defend the run when you don't have to respect the pass (especially vertically)

Reactions: 1 person
I am not okay with today. We looked as bad as we've looked every year for the past five. They're a much better team than we are, but we gotta start showing a modicum of improvement sometime.

announcers comment at beginning of game: oregon hasnt played anybody. tennessee will give oregon a true test.

announcer at end of game: oregon hasnt played anybody(implying tennessee now stinks). annoncer says oregon wont be truly tested until they play UCLA or maybe stanford..or maybe even alabama.

see that doesnt happen when you play an SEC team...they say "well a pretty good improving tennessee team lost to a great alabama team" or something like that.

how is it these announcers can talk out of both sides of the mouth and say nothing at all?

this was honestly the best offense we'll see all year. it's downhill from here for our defense....alabama is maybe the only offense we'll see that is even close to being as good.

am I crazy for thinking we're beating florida still? probably.

EDIT: by downhill I mean the opponents get easier.

Reactions: 2 people
I have serious concerns about our offensive play calling. Why not help Worley out a little bit with screens, swings, bubbles etc? On top of that we looked only slightly less vanilla than we have the last two weeks. Maybe we were just handcuffed by poor execution. IDK.

VN Store

Back