I believe we're gonna look back on this game

We're gonna look back on this game one day and say this is where we turned the corner! Where we finally got over that hump! I'll admit I have had some concerns this week but now that it's GameDay I am feeling 100% confident in our players giving Pitt the biggest a$$ whooping they'll receive this year! This game will not be close! Tennessee WINS by 3 scores!!!

We had the opportunity to win by 3 TDs, but one is enough.

Our defense surprised me, they was constantly hitting the qb, took the first guy out, hope he recovers , the back up comes in , we do the same with him and he plays on one leg.
Honestly our offense did struggle today, but we’ve seen what this team can do when they’re in sync.
This was really our first game, ball state was a joke.
We should be proud This team despite the mistakes pulled it out and got the W.
I thought our defensive front 6 played well. Rodney has his group playing pretty darned well for their talent level. And the LB's Beasley and Banks were flying around, too. All in all, they played pretty well in a tough venue. Honestly, they carried the day today.

I thought our defensive front 6 played well. Rodney has his group playing pretty darned well for their talent level. And the LB's Beasley and Banks were flying around, too. All in all, they played pretty well in a tough venue. Honestly, they carried the day today.
Yup, never thought I’d say it this season, but that defense gets the game ball. Way to step up!

Pitt had three sacks, I felt like it was more. Our OL needs to learn from this one.

Hit is in the backfield on at least 1 QB draw that could’ve been mistaken for a sack. But I agree the oline has a long ways to go. I’m just glad they get to learn from a win rather than from a lose

I am so happy we won!Was worried. this AM.Take our win,don't worry about how much,and hopefully no one was injured..On to the Zips and then the gators.Take each saturday one by one.Enjoy them,learn from the mistakes,but,really appreciate the never ending effort by all.our players.Go Vols!

We
We're gonna look back on this game one day and say this is where we turned the corner! Where we finally got over that hump! I'll admit I have had some concerns this week but now that it's GameDay I am feeling 100% confident in our players giving Pitt the biggest a$$ whooping they'll receive this year! This game will not be close! Tennessee WINS by 3 scores!!!
We physically beat them up!

I’ll remember this is what I wore on this historic day that the Volunteers defeated the Panthers in a thrilling game.

An excellent win for a resilient Volunteers team that avoided a soul crushing defeat.

B922436A-CDA1-4E9D-A43D-1952E8AE4633.jpeg

I wonder how we'll be ranked this week. Vols got a better result than several teams ranked ahead of us.

I'd say just outside the top 15.. especially with the Gators looming.. Beat them we are a contender. Just play the game worry about rankings in November

The running game was my biggest concern today. Hooker doesn't need to be carrying the ball that much. Our running game is awful. Don't know if it's an issue with the OL or our RBs are just subpar or maybe a combination of the two, but a Hooker injury would be a real blow. I'm hopeful that as the season goes along, one of our young backs will emerge. Specifically, I hope Sampson gets some quality reps agains Akron next week.

Not awful imo. The last dozen years or so we've been terrible in short yardage situations - in fact we blew chances near the goal line vs Pitt last year that helped cost us the game. In this game we were very successful rushing when we needed a yard or two to move the chains or score.

VN Store

Back