I can't believe it, but a worse offensive game plan than Chaney?

The talent gap is not obvious.

What is obvious is the coaching gap though. Oregon knows their culture, their roles, and their team.

I'm willing to chalk this up to reteaching shower discipline; we still need to wash the funk from Dooley and Sal off. It won't happen overnight.

Yet, I am shocked that anybody this morning is saying anything other than CBJ and co had a shocker of a game planning week / in-game coaching.

We can blame the players. I'm more than happy to blame the former coaches as well. But in truth, I just don't feel the players were given a gameplan, put in the best position possible to make the game as competitive as it could be.

And this is what really thunderstruck me, because I've been sipping generously on the CBJ Kool-Aid.
I believe the talent gap was painfully obvious.
This game in my opinion was a lot like when CBJ and the Bearcats came to UT. Dooley did not outcoach Butch, the talent disparity won out. CBJ made a respectable season for the Bearcats after that. I want to see what happens Saturday.:salute:

So you're saying he lacks the common sense to try to adapt to the players that he actually has, instead of forcing a square peg in a round hole? That's encouraging.

That Is Clear After Yesterday.

That Is Clear After Yesterday.

Preach.

I've come to hate the pistol / spread after watching the Vols run it under Dooley. Yesterday though was by far the worst. It just looks awful.

And if we think the Oregon defense exposed that, just watch what happens the next five weeks. There are at least three SEC teams that would beat Oregon and half the league would give them all they want.

We can sugarcoat it all we want this morning. Oregon may well run the table in the Pac12 and play for the NC. They would not win the SEC.

Preach.

I've come to hate the pistol / spread after watching the Vols run it under Dooley. Yesterday though was by far the worst. It just looks awful.

And if we think the Oregon defense exposed that, just watch what happens the next five weeks. There are at least three SEC teams that would beat Oregon and half the league would give them all they want.

We can sugarcoat it all we want this morning. Oregon may well run the table in the Pac12 and play for the NC. They would not win the SEC.

What 3 SEC teams would beat Oregon ?

What 3 SEC teams would beat Oregon ?

Alabama, LSU have. A&M, maybe?

Regardless, the incessant *****ing and moaning around here is unreal. So, the spread was 10-40, and it ended up being 14-59. Big f'ing deal. We all knew it, and nobody remotely close to rational expected yesterday to go well. Gibbs comment about the talent disparity not being obvious is so asinine, and indicative of the Legion of the Miserable.

We've got the SEC schedule starting next week with FL having two weeks to prepare for us. This schedule is a gauntlet.If we're 3-9 at the end of the season, and the coaching has looked like this all season, sure, let's start circulating a petition. But until then, grow a pair, see how it plays out. I don't care what our offense looks like as long as we win.

Last edited:
Interested to hear this, too. Bama, _________, and __________ ?

im with you

-i think they give Bama a hell of a game. they might pull it out. idk.

-they would score 60 on A&M

-LSU? maybe idk. need to see more from them bc they havent played anyone yet.

Oregons defense is right on par with the best in the country and gets overlooked.

im with you

-i think they give Bama a hell of a game. they might pull it out. idk.

-they would score 60 on A&M

-LSU? idk. need to see more from them bc they havent played one yet.

Oregons defense is right on par with the best in the country and gets overlooked.

I agree Bama got exposed yesterday. They gave up 42 to an offense that is not near as explosive as Oregon's offense.

At this point in the season Oregon is the best team in the country but we will see if they are in the end.

Nonsense. There is some decent talent on the offense. Jones just chose to rely completely on a subpar QB, and put that QB in an offense that doesn't fit an unathletic QB at all.

Yeah, he really should have started a freshman on the road at Autzen.

Bama,LSU, and Georgia beat them.

Clemson IMO as well.(ACC I know)

Those teams have the athletes and difference makers to stop and score with Oregon

Bama,LSU, and Georgia beat them.

Clemson IMO as well.(ACC I know)

Those teams have the athletes and difference makers to stop and score with Oregon

Those are probably the only teams in FBS that could hang with Oregon.

They're scoring 40+ against anyone, including every SEC team save maybe UF.

They would pound Gurley. Oregon would not stop him at all

not sure about that. prob wouldnt stop him but their defense is mighty good. and UGAs defense is young. oregon would score plenty as well. Oregon is puttin their points up against anyone. its not a team to get into a shootout with and thats what will happen with just about anyone.

Nonsense. There is some decent talent on the offense. Jones just chose to rely completely on a subpar QB, and put that QB in an offense that doesn't fit an unathletic QB at all.

:lolabove:

From your statement I assume you think we actually have a much better Quarterback riding the pine. Please give us and Coach Jones the benefit of your critical quarterback evaluations. Obviously, you think you have a better vision of the available quarterbacks than he does.

But most CBJ bashers on here will be singing praises if we beat a FL,SC,GA. We played no one up until Sat. And it shows where we are at vs ranked teams.

I agree Bama got exposed yesterday. They gave up 42 to an offense that is not near as explosive as Oregon's offense.

At this point in the season Oregon is the best team in the country but we will see if they are in the end.

Bama took their foot off the gas on a game that got out of hand. Bama completely dominated after the first quarter.

Meanwhile, Johnny Football and offense would put the same pressure on Oregon they put on us. I think Oregon and A&M split 10 games between them. Whoever wins the turnover battle.

Oregon would not be able to stop GA but GA would be able to slow down Oregon.

Bama took their foot off the gas on a game that got out of hand. Bama completely dominated after the first quarter.

Meanwhile, Johnny Football and offense would put the same pressure on Oregon they put on us. I think Oregon and A&M split 10 games between them. Whoever wins the turnover battle.

foot off the gas?..i dont think so.A&M is just explosive on O and sucks on D. it was a good game

not buying that at all about UGA. Oregons Defense is very good. and UGA secondary would get blasted by Oregon.

not sure about that. prob wouldnt stop him but their defense is mighty good. and UGAs defense is young. oregon would score plenty as well. Oregon is puttin their points up against anyone. its not a team to get into a shootout with and thats what will happen with just about anyone.

We are judging Oregons defense vs our terrible offense. Also, I doubt they would score 40 against Bama or Lsu

Last edited:
IMO Worley is hindering the offensive play calling. I've been supporting him as long as I could, but watching that vanilla offense yesterday suggests to me that the staff has little faith that he can run their whole offense. In reading people complaining about bad gameplans and such, I thought about the cinci games I've watched the past few years. The staff is not calling their game. I believe it's because they don't have a qb that allows them to right now. Peterman looked the part with stronger throws when they let him yesterday, but I'm sick of the read option minus the option over and over. It was awful and I believe they just can't call much more because it just doesn't get done with what we have now.

Hopefully they'll figure something out this week.

We are judging Oregons defense vs our terrible offense

ive seen their defense against many teams the last few years and this yr. its very good and has a ton of talent. gotta hand it to them man, they are legit on both sides. you wont see anyone put a ton of points up on them.

We finally get a coach who likes to run the football, and we're upset about the formation? Wow.

What upsets me about it is this. We run almost every run with the qb putting the ball in the rb's gut and holding it for a second like he's gonna do an option read. Only every single time he lets go. You're in shot gun, you're predictable, the play takes long to develop. That's alot of time for the defense to blow up the run.

I will agree on the offense part but I just do not think that we are giving Oregon's defense enough credit.

Chaney had a lot more tools. We all knew we lost half our production to the NFL. You could draw plays in the dirt and score with CP, Hunter, Bray, and the O-line.

I really thought CBJ and the "best coaching staff in America" would know that we had to use our offense to slow down Oregon. I really had faith they would put together a gameplan to keep this game competitive.

For five damn years I've seen our QB line up in the shotgun every damn down. Just breaks my heart we are so far away from what made us great.

It was clear in the first two games Worley is not great. You've still got to scheme where Worley only has to make 3 - 4 plays, not 30 - 40.

Really disappointed in CBJ and company on this game. Really bad coaching performance, IMHO. They've got to make sure the wheels don't come off now.

clearly it has nothing to do with Oregon being that good

VN Store

Back