I just had an Epiphany!!!

...to the ones that set them selves up for it by whining through the entire game....it's skitzo at times to see a boo followed by a reluctant cheer....funny...

We need to have at least 100 post to let the idiots loose..around here

LOL- I'm pretty sure that my point either wasn't made very clearly, or some are incapable of understanding it. I'll try to boil it down a bit. UT in the past would never give up in a football game. The reason I am a UT fan today is because of the great fight that UT teams have had in them in the late 80's and 90's. It just struck me that we have a new coach and his team pretty much laid an egg today. I was disappointed with the way that they laid down after OU went up by a few scores. I saw CBJ's expression on the sideline, and though I am not a mindreader, I could see he was pissed at the teams response to adversity as well. When I started reading the negative posts about the team and the coaching it occurred to me that the fan base doesn't really handle adversity well either and that this has been a common theme throughout the past several years. I think we are all frustrated with where this program has been, but I do believe that we undermine CBJ by immediately tossing him and his staff under the bus at the first sign of adversity.

Was at the game and drank many beers with your fans. Nicest group that has ever traveled into Eugene. You made a large section of the stands orange. It was great. Trust me... This is not an issue with the fans. Ill be pulling for you guys the rest of the season.

Reactions: 2 people
Was at the game and drank many beers with your fans. Nicest group that has ever traveled into Eugene. You made a large section of the stands orange. It was great. Trust me... This is not an issue with the fans. Ill be pulling for you guys the rest of the season.

Confirmation right here someone on the outside looking in..

If you had ever played a sport you would understand how illogical that is.

In high school, our wrestling team of which I was team captain, came in 4th place in the state. Huge accomplishment for us.

I would say 40% of the people in my school did not know we had a wrestling team until we hung a banner.

And they took the banner down a few years later, lol.

Fans do not have an effect on sports outside of the obvious. (Noise and numbers) And we have not faultered on those.

Wrestled, ran track(200 & 400) and played DI football big guy. Sounds like i've got more football experience than you. Congrats on Team captain though.

look at CBJs response to the fans' criticizing hiring him. he said the tennessee faithful is just PASSIONATE. you can't hate us for that. even the players get that. if you want the fans to be all in and crazy for you when you're winning, its easy to say you can expect a ton of criticism when you aren't.

not saying it's warranted. just saying the tennessee faithful is running off a cliff one way or another. sometimes we think it's because we can fly and sometimes it's because we think its because the season is lost.

We need to have at least 100 post to let the idiots loose..around here

yep....saying it loud and often makes you a genius.....no...Just don't post everytime I'm on the board....I read and laugh at idiots like you most of the time. However, given the fact that my time is fairly limited ...I don't have as much time to sit around...drink beer....whine .....post drivel ....and fall asleep drooling on my couch....

Jones is fielding a team that was picked to win 5 or 6 games... Maybe 7 with a few breaks.. We played a team today that is the hunt for the NC... Not surprising

LOL- I'm pretty sure that my point either wasn't made very clearly, or some are incapable of understanding it. I'll try to boil it down a bit. UT in the past would never give up in a football game. The reason I am a UT fan today is because of the great fight that UT teams have had in them in the late 80's and 90's. It just struck me that we have a new coach and his team pretty much laid an egg today. I was disappointed with the way that they laid down after OU went up by a few scores. I saw CBJ's expression on the sideline, and though I am not a mindreader, I could see he was pissed at the teams response to adversity as well. When I started reading the negative posts about the team and the coaching it occurred to me that the fan base doesn't really handle adversity well either and that this has been a common theme throughout the past several years. I think we are all frustrated with where this program has been, but I do believe that we undermine CBJ by immediately tossing him and his staff under the bus at the first sign of adversity.

Firstly nobody is tossing Butch with half a brain. Secondly nobody with half a brain would consider your epiphany logical, despite your third attempt to explain it. Do you really think the players were like oh man we just gave up 3 td's, the fans must be mad and given up, so we are too...see how ignorant that sounds.

Guys I just had an epiphany. Over the last few years I thought that the team was a reflection of the coach.

Under Fulmer in his waning years i thought that the teams just gave up because they were unmotivated and uninspired. They lost desire to fight the good fight and to never give up as so many Vols teams have in the past.

Under Kiffin I thought the team lost focus and didn't handle adversity well because our Coach wasn't up to the challenge. I thought the team gave up because the Kiffin had that tenedency about him and didn't embrace the tradition of never giving up the fight.

Under Dooley it was obvious the the team had lost all confidence and had become a team that whenever it got tough, instead of digging in their heels, they threw in the towel.

I don't know how the team will respond to the debacle of today. Only time will tell. One thing I do know from the expression on CBJ's face is that he's not happy with the team's approach after they went down a few scores. That look, and then reading the comments that I have read since the end of the game have given me the following epiphany:

Our teams have not been replicating the coaches. They have been replicating the pathetic, whiny fans that turn on the team and coaching staff and give up at the first sign of adversity. We have the opportunity to begin the rebuilding process and we KNEW THERE WOULD BE SETBACKS. Today is one of those setbacks. I would bet the house that CBJ's biggest issue with today's game is how the team folded. I don't think he will let that stand and will teach this team that winners are born through adversity. Maybe the "fan" base can learn that too and not commit Hari Kari because we had a poor showing.

I STAND BEHIND THIS TEAM!!! I STAND BEHIND THIS COACHING STAFF!!! IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE THE VOLS AT THE TOP AGAIN QUIT BEING A BUNCH OF PUSSIES AND SUCK IT UP WITH THIS TEAM!!!

I welcome your responses.

Peace Y'all:peace2:

BTW this is my first thread so I hope I didn't break any rules.

You are a genius. I think you should coach the team. Thanks for the inspiring peptalk. Gosh, u r smart.

Jones is fielding a team that was picked to win 5 or 6 games... Maybe 7 with a few breaks.. We played a team today that is the hunt for the NC... Not surprising

Yep and he's trying to get a Pro Style team to run a spread up tempo offense. This will not be good but I understand the only way to get there is to run it and let the young guys develop for the future.

yep....saying it loud and often makes you a genius.....no...Just don't post everytime I'm on the board....I read and laugh at idiots like you most of the time. However, given the fact that my time is fairly limited ...I don't have as much time to sit around...drink beer....whine .....post drivel ....and fall asleep drooling on my couch....

And your point is.. ? I really don't care bout u that much to keep up with your baseless drivel..like I said 100 at least

look at CBJs response to the fans' criticizing hiring him. he said the tennessee faithful is just PASSIONATE. you can't hate us for that. even the players get that. if you want the fans to be all in and crazy for you when you're winning, its easy to say you can expect a ton of criticism when you aren't.

not saying it's warranted. just saying the tennessee faithful is running off a cliff one way or another. sometimes we think it's because we can fly and sometimes it's because we think its because the season is lost.

that's a reasoned response

OP + Thread = Fail.

Fans are not a variable to consider in the winning/losing program equation at UT. Great players + great coaches = winning.

I actually agree with you. I think the point is that the recruits pick up on excessive negativity. I definitely believe it is up to CBJ and the players to learn their lessons from this apart from the fan base. I even believe the fan base is justified in it's frustration. My point was simply that there are two directions to go during adversity. Into a blaming defeatist temperament, or a dig in your heels and fight the fight mentality. My experience is that much of this fan base revels in being the blaming defeatist mentality. There may well come a time to call for CBJ job. But it's not after his first setback.:peace2:

SEC chant was a nice touch. Interesting....

I asked Wtf you were talking about i guess you couldn't understand the question or you are just that stupid.. I'll take the stupid

really?....was moving on....bored....your too drunk to follow a stream of responses even with quotes attached....no time to sit and explain it all....have another beer for me....stupid...nah...never....feeling closer after this dialogue with you.

really?....was moving on....bored....your too drunk to follow a stream of responses even with quotes attached....no time to sit and explain it all....have another beer for me....stupid...nah...never....feeling closer after this dialogue with you.

Move on then..

VN Store

Back