I Never Saw So Much Hunger For College Football

LookinUp

Everyone, and I mean everyone, had been locked down and isolated for so long I had never seen so much interest for college football. That's all that folks talked about. The stage was set for, no doubt, record viewership on television......and then came UT embracing that ungodly liberal organization Black Lives Matter.

I have seen a total polar opposite from what was hungry Vol fans. My profession is industrial sales with a Fortune 500 company. I go to many factories, utilities and construction companies throughout East Tennessee. I go into a LOT of offices. Almost all of them had Vol football posters, prints, pieces of Doug's Rug, Neyland Stadium pics and prints on the walls and desks. People were ate up for football. That's all the talk i heard, everywhere.

Then came the statement from the athletic department for BLM. I have NEVER seen such a polarizing effect upon a fan base. Every office and i mean them all but one has had everything removed about UTfootball. To speak of Vol football is taboo it is accepting liberalism if you do. When it is spoken of one hears they hope Tennessee loses....from everyone. This is from what is now former season ticket holders....what was hard core Vol fans.

Instead of record viewership on television it is the opposite. Look what has happened at ESPN. Terminated 300 jobs and are not filling 200 more. All i hear everywhere is people have forever quit sports, they hear UT has lost 170 million and hope they lose another 170 million and have to close the doors. It's amazing how liberalism destroyed sports.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, had been locked down and isolated for so long I had never seen so much interest for college football. That's all that folks talked about. The stage was set for, no doubt, record viewership on television......and then came UT embracing that ungodly liberal organization Black Lives Matter.

I have seen a total polar opposite from what was hungry Vol fans. My profession is industrial sales with a Fortune 500 company. I go to many factories, utilities and construction companies throughout East Tennessee. I go into a LOT of offices. Almost all of them had Vol football posters, prints, pieces of Doug's Rug, Neyland Stadium pics and prints on the walls and desks. People were ate up for football. That's all the talk i heard, everywhere.

Then came the statement from the athletic department for BLM. I have NEVER seen such a polarizing effect upon a fan base. Every office and i mean them all but one has had everything removed about UTfootball. To speak of Vol football is taboo it is accepting liberalism if you do. When it is spoken of one hears they hope Tennessee loses....from everyone. This is from what is now former season ticket holders....what was hard core Vol fans.

Instead of record viewership on television it is the opposite. Look what has happened at ESPN. Terminated 300 jobs and are not filling 200 more. All i hear everywhere is people have forever quit sports, they hear UT has lost 170 million and hope they lose another 170 million and have to close the doors. It's amazing how liberalism destroyed sports.
It destroys everything it touches.

Great post. I agree with you regarding the passion for sports. I think UT, and a lot of programs with a mediocre to poor product, will struggle to get the fans back. I can't see UT going 3-7 (or similar) along with the Social Justice BS and selling the 60,000+ season tickets they rely on.

Is that in the realm of possibility?
I'm just saying that it is easy right now to get on a moral high horse and virtue signal on a team that is collapsing. But if our record was flipped, don't think anyone would have reason to use that excuse. I had, frankly, forgotten about the BLM thing they did until I saw this thread.

I guess part of that is I don't get "triggered" to easily, either.

I'm just saying that it is easy right now to get on a moral high horse and virtue signal on a team that is collapsing. But if our record was flipped, don't think anyone would have reason to use that excuse. I had, frankly, forgotten about the BLM thing they did until I saw this thread.

I have watched all 6 games from start to finish.......................unfortunately. What I meant was .....is it the realm of possibility to have a "winning product on the field " in Knoxville again?

Everyone immediately took down their UT stuff when their BLM support came out. They didn't wait until losses piled up.

I was raised half in tn and half in oh.

I am actually an ohio state alumni.

I went to osu games and the sugar while at college but started to hate them as I felt their conference was a joke.

I wore my ut hat all the time on campus.

Moved back in 09 and had plans to buy season tickets and raise my kids vol fans like their dad.

Now.....now I'm thinking i was an idiot.

All those years of missed joy I could of had with my kids going to buckeye games. My buddy was right....you cant pick your conference.

I think I am going to get season tickets next year to the Buckeyes. My kids are all in high school now and wont even go to UT games with me anymore so I quit going.

They will probably end up going to OSU too. Oddly, osu is much more conservative.

Cant believe I feel this way anymore.

Just sad.......

Reactions: Carl Pickens
I have watched all 6 games from start to finish.......................unfortunately. What I meant was .....is it the realm of possibility to have a "winning product on the field " in Knoxville again?
Ohh.. well, we fired Fulmer after he embarrassed us in 2005 and 2008 and couldn't win big games against UF... then we brought him back and allowed him to have a hand in hiring this coach.

I'm just saying.

Reactions: Carl Pickens

Wow.

So... Black Lives *Don't* Matter.

Got it.

Thanks for documenting that racism is alive and well in East Tennessee.

Also, wake up and join the 21st century. Here's your 2020 starting lineup for the Vols. Note the Pronunciation Guide to help your transition to the real world.

IMG_6621.jpg

Last edited:

I haven't forgot. This team is fragile and soft like buddar. Is there a correlation, probably.

After supporting the ungodly BLM liberals? Everyone i know that had UT football as the njmber one thing in their lives now views them as the number one enemy to them.

Guessing this got dumped here from FB forum.

But WTF? I had forgotten all about that, and don't care. Sucks to lose when you've been waiting decades for a showing, and are just coming off of great season.

Guessing this got dumped here from FB forum.

But WTF? I had forgotten all about that, and don't care. Sucks to lose when you've been waiting decades for a showing, and are just coming off of great season.
meh.
Every team got caught up in the politics.
If you cannot ignore the political statements then there will be nothing left to watch. Or listen too.

Hey but on the bright side, we should get a trophy.

Great post. I agree with you regarding the passion for sports. I think UT, and a lot of programs with a mediocre to poor product, will struggle to get the fans back. I can't see UT going 3-7 (or similar) along with the Social Justice BS and selling the 60,000+ season tickets they rely on.
This ought to age well.

Reactions: Boca Vol

VN Store

Back