I was impressed with everything but the one thing that stood out?

We already know Nico’s capabilities but the d line controlling the game and the o line so my star goes to the linemen, both sides!
Heupel using timeouts impressed me. I spoke about this I think a couple years ago and wondered if coaches grow often. This was something I noticed today that stood out as new to me. I think I saw some more of that last year, but he managed this and other aspects of the game at a level I haven’t noticed before. I am sure much of that is because the system is rolling, and he has less to focus on, he is seasoned as a head coach at this point, Etc etc. But the biggest etc is when he says I could have done some things better, he meant it.

Honestly, I think Nico making that tackle after his first interception spoke volumes about the competitor he is. He had the picks but I really like how he responded from adversity. No QB is perfect. This game will do him a lot of good going forward.

Heupel using timeouts impressed me. I spoke about this I think a couple years ago and wondered if coaches grow often. This was something I noticed today that stood out as new to me. I think I saw some more of that last year, but he managed this and other aspects of the game at a level I haven’t noticed before. I am sure much of that is because the system is rolling, and he has less to focus on, he is seasoned as a head coach at this point, Etc etc. But the biggest etc is when he says I could have done some things better, he meant it.
I remember ol' Orange Pants Dools had a real struggle with this concept.

To the think we are only going to improve makes you wonder how far, we got Nico, he brings that running when he starts that defenses don’t know what’s coming then you got a wide open field.

Reactions: MagnoliaVol
The secondary is good, but their lack of experience is going to bite us from time to time. I've been saying if they can be average, and the DLine is elite, that will be more than good enough to be a playoff team.

Not to take anything away from the D line and their performance….. but earlier in the week talk radio pointed out NCSU’s o line isn’t very good. With that said, the D line did a great job and slapped them around like unruly step children

Kent State lost to something called St Francis so they are bad.
They are rated as the worst team in FBS. They've lost to two FCS teams so far. One of those teams (western Georgia) was playing their first game as a FCS team. They were D2 last year.

They are rated as the worst team in FBS. They've lost to two FCS teams so far. One of those teams (western Georgia) was playing their first game as a FCS team. They were D2 last year.
Didn’t realize they were that bad. Wish we’d keep those pay games reserved for our UT system brothers. Beat Chattanooga bad, but at least we helped find their athletic season. Don’t really care about Kent State personally.

VN Store

Back