If Nico ends up being as good as we hope and expect

Middle School dance flashback!!!!! Man the early 90s were so awesome 🔥....... No cell phones (parents couldn't track you), no social media, everyone had the living room phone with the 15 ft curled cord (call waiting was a God send) so your convo with the girlfriend was public humiliation...........Rrrrrrrrricoooo Suave was a popular tune on the radio and you if you tried to hit record on your cassette player the DJ always messed up the first 10 seconds with his bantering......GREAT TIMES!!!!

Is Nico the most anticipated QB since Peyton? I remember when Peyton was the highest rated QB we have had to that point (yes recruiting rankings were not what they are today) but it just seems like Nico is even more anticipated. Am I wrong or is it just that hype is so much more in the fore front today?

Is Nico the most anticipated QB since Peyton? I remember when Peyton was the highest rated QB we have had to that point (yes recruiting rankings were not what they are today) but it just seems like Nico is even more anticipated. Am I wrong or is it just that hype is so much more in the fore front today?
You are correct and honestly, Nico is probably more anticipated. Social media

From what little we saw, Nico is much quicker and faster than Milton and we all know his reputation for being a great passer. VOLS have a lot to look forward to next year AND BEYOND!!!!!

Reactions: Evet Vols
Nico didn’t look confused like Joe, in limited play time. I saw a few moves toward the line of scrimmage that drew the linebackers in for the run then he hit the pass. I am impressed with his limited play and hope hes as good as we think.

Reactions: Ratvol
Do you think we will see tshirts with his likeness that say:
NICO SUAVE

(Apologies to the younger posters that don’t get the Rico reference).

I believe CJH is keeping his cards close to his chest with Nico and not giving opponents any film to study for next year. Fans are not even sure what Nico will deliver, but I think his accuracy and feet will provide UT what Hooker delivered...jmo.

If he becomes as good as we hope, then I hope we have enough talent around him to keep him out of the portal!!

Do you think we will see tshirts with his likeness that say:
NICO SUAVE

(Apologies to the younger posters that don’t get the Rico reference).

He won’t be…. You know why? Because we are returning the entire starting offensive line that people said all year wasn’t talented to keep Nico safe…. So since all those players are returning, why are people thinking Nico will be able to stay healthy?

Reactions: 4chrissy
He won’t be…. You know why? Because we are returning the entire starting offensive line that people said all year wasn’t talented to keep Nico safe…. So since all those players are returning, why are people thinking Nico will be able to stay healthy?
Because:

(a) Just because some people were saying something, that doesn't mean we all thought it. In fact, most of us probably didn't.

(b) And even some of those people who were saying it probably said it during the period Cooper Mays was out injured. The offensive line was much less capable without him, but significantly more stout when he returned.

(c) And even some people who were saying it while Cooper was in, they were probably frustrated with one or two of the other guys. Ollie Lane, in particular, found a host of spectacular ways to get penalties and set our offense back.

So in 2024 Ollie Lane has graduated and left, Cooper Mays is back, and in fact all the good to very good OL have returned. Plus our young new wave will be another year older and better developed.

That's why.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Because:

(a) Just because some people were saying something that doesn't mean we all thought it. In fact, most of us probably didn't.
(b) And even some of those people who were saying it probably said it during the period Cooper Mays was out injured. The offensive line was much less capable without him, but significantly more stout when he returned.
(c) And even some people who were saying it while Cooper was in, they were probably frustrated with one or two of the other guys. Ollie Lane, in particular, found a host of spectacular ways to get penalties and set our offense back.

So in 2024 Ollie Lane has graduated and left, Cooper Mays is back, and in fact all the good to very good OL have returned. Plus our young new wave will be another year older and better developed.

That's why.

Go Vols!

I’m just saying, Mays was healthy after 8 games, and that is when people were calling for Nico when we got the second loss. Just seems odd he was too fragile this year to play behind the same guys he’s gonna be playing behind next year with apparently no issues.

I’m just saying, Mays was healthy after 8 games, and that is when people were calling for Nico when we got the second loss. Just seems odd he was too fragile this year to play behind the same guys he’s gonna be playing behind next year with apparently no issues.
It's not that he was "fragile." It's that he was the backup QB, and our starting QB was healthy. When the starting QB is healthy, he plays. The backup backs him up.

Again, you probably heard a few people say something like, "he needs to bulk up before he plays," and you're extrapolating that to all of us. I personally do not think he's "too fragile," and didn't believe it at any point this year. Every freshman can stand to develop from more time in the weight room, of course, but Nico's fine.

I think you're just listening a little too closely to the nega-Vols and then imagining they speak for most of us. I don't believe they do.

VN Store

Back