If Nico ends up being as good as we hope and expect

He won’t be…. You know why? Because we are returning the entire starting offensive line that people said all year wasn’t talented to keep Nico safe…. So since all those players are returning, why are people thinking Nico will be able to stay healthy?
When did Coach Heupel or Coach Halzle say that? NEVER.

What they said about QBs was clear: Nico doesn't run the offense better than Joe Milton. Nico doesn't give us a better chance to win than Joe.

Does the fact that Arch Manning took almost zero in game snaps mean he sucks? It means, as TX said, he was learning the offense and getting stronger.

Nico will be as developed as he can be BECAUSE he had the luxury of sitting and learning for a year.

It's not that he was "fragile." It's that he was the backup QB, and our starting QB was healthy. When the starting QB is healthy, he plays. The backup backs him up.

Again, you probably heard a few people say something like, "he needs to bulk up before he plays," and you're extrapolating that to all of us. I personally do not think he's "too fragile," and didn't believe it at any point this year. Every freshman can stand to develop from more time in the weight room, of course, but Nico's fine.

I think you're just listening a little too closely to the nega-Vols and then imagining they speak for most of us. I don't believe they do.

Sir I agree with you mostly but I was reliably told by countless people on this board that Nico playing behind this offensive line was not the 1% chance of him getting hit.

This is not a nitpick - but I’d love to see him spend the next six months in the gym about six hours a day and at the pasta bar for another four…
Not nitpicky in the least IMO. It's a valid concern. I can easily see an untouched rush end, linebacker, or safety blind side him, and snap his frail frame like a hundred year old match stick. He needs to add like 20 pounds of muscle minimum before next season.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
This is not a nitpick - but I’d love to see him spend the next six months in the gym about six hours a day and at the pasta bar for another four…
So he can look like his head coach right? That's not what he needs. If Bray could play at the size he played, Nico can too.

Thank goodness you didn’t have this idea when Arian Foster played for us.

VN Store

Back