If there’s a year we can beat Florida in Gainesville, it’s this year

OP, we lost to Georgia State University (GSU), the Panthers (I had to look this up even though they have already wofa).
Yup. Mentioned that in the post... notice how I also said it looks live we’ve improved since then every week. I know the teams have been bad but I think those games may have just gotten our team back into swing. I just hope we see a fired up team playing hard on Saturday.

Wasn’t there a preseason poll on here which asked would you rather beat Florida and miss a bowl game or lose and make a crappy bowl game.

giphy.gif

Dobbs game at Florida I really thought it was our year, we got them the next year but dang should have been two in a row
Was at the game and talked so much **** bc I thought we had it.

When Grier hit the receiver for the long TD I bolted. Didnt even see Medley miss the kick...

Reactions: 08Vol
I say the more upset talk we hear, the more pissed off Florida gets. Thankfully, haven’t heard much of it outside of here.

Yup. Mentioned that in the post... notice how I also said it looks live we’ve improved since then every week. I know the teams have been bad but I think those games may have just gotten our team back into swing. I just hope we see a fired up team playing hard on Saturday.

I'm not sure UTC is a game to use as a sign of improvement.

definetly like your spirt but after all these years gonna try something different this year....the game is tied until it ain’t....surely not wanting to say, wait till next year, that’s getting soooo old just like me !

Oh and yeah....Gators Suck !

Just read the thread title and thought..."said UT fans every other year since 1991."

I would love to see JG pull a Crompton and come alive. I don't even care if we win or lose. Just want to see them compete at a high level.

Reactions: tbones0711
Win or lose, this game is in the hands of JG. Our receiving corps can easily handle their young defensive backs. But can JG consistently put the ball on our receivers? IMO if JG is on target, we win this one.

Yeah its all about offense. Defense has nothing to do with it. I mean JG plays defense as well right?

Our boys should be fired up on Saturday. Ready to prove something. We’ve seen improvement since the first horrific loss, and Florida is battling many injuries. This game is setting up to be an upset for us, as long as we come out and play hard. What do you guys think? Saturday can’t come soon enough. GBO
We see this exact thread EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

I don’t think this year is any different; the team that scores the most points will win.

First of all it would be hard not to improve since that first game. And most of said improvement came last week against an FCS team. So this improvement comes with a grain of salt.

The same stuff was said last year after West Virginia and before UF and we looked anything but improved against UF last year.

So far this year UF has 2 ugly wins. Some will day that means they are vulnerable, but what it means is they find a way to win.
Imagine if UT was playing Miami, we have a late lead, then JG throws an interception. We force them into 4th and long 2 times and give them the first down on penalties. Our defense would crumble and Miami would drive down the field and win.
Now imagine we’re playin at UK, down a score and JG gets injured. Would our offense finish the drive and score? Would our defense force them into missing a long field goal? No, UK would have never lost the lead if it was us in that position.

4th quarter against GA State and we have to score. A long pass is called. If the O-line holds on this one play we score. They let a safety blitz untouched, JG is drilled and fumbles the ball.

4th quarter against BYU. Under a minute to go. BYU doesn’t have any time outs and are deep in their side of the field. All the defense has to do is hold up against a true freshman QB making his 2nd start on the road. A corner doesn’t know the play call and or who to cover so he lets a receiver behind him.

UF finds ways to win. We find ways to lose.

Our boys should be fired up on Saturday. Ready to prove something. We’ve seen improvement since the first horrific loss, and Florida is battling many injuries. This game is setting up to be an upset for us, as long as we come out and play hard. What do you guys think? Saturday can’t come soon enough. GBO
Have you watched our O and D line play any this year???? We can't even line up correctly on the D line!!!! I think we need to hire an assistant to the strength coach and pay him top dollar so these guys can get some strength and endurance.

VN Store

Back