If We Could Play 1 Team @ Home in the CFP

Ohio State. My wife is a Buckeyes fan, I'd love to take her to see us beat them

It’s the offseason, I like to refer to it as “List Season” or “Hypothetical Season” because that’s what a lot of the college football sports talk shows or podcasts only have to talk about in early May.

My question is this…

Let’s say we make the CFP this season and we go 10-2 and get to host a game as a 5-8 seed in Neyland (remember 5 seeds will host a Group of 5 school like Liberty or Coastal Carolina or Memphis). Who do you want in Neyland Stadium in a Playoff atmosphere?

My top 3
1)Notre Dame
2) Ohio State
3) Clemson
Austin Peay. I want some payback.

If we finish in the 5th-8th slots, we'd host a team that finished in the 9th-12th slots. Given what teams are projected to do in the 2024 season, I don't see teams like Ohio State, Georgia, Texas or Oregon being outside the top 8...of all the teams we could host, I'd love to host Ole Miss and give Lane Kiffin a good ass kicking....heck, that even rhymes....

It’s the offseason, I like to refer to it as “List Season” or “Hypothetical Season” because that’s what a lot of the college football sports talk shows or podcasts only have to talk about in early May.

My question is this…

Let’s say we make the CFP this season and we go 10-2 and get to host a game as a 5-8 seed in Neyland (remember 5 seeds will host a Group of 5 school like Liberty or Coastal Carolina or Memphis). Who do you want in Neyland Stadium in a Playoff atmosphere?

My top 3
1)Notre Dame
2) Ohio State
3) Clemson

We owe Oregon an ass whipping.

My question is this…

My top 3
1)Notre Dame
2) Ohio State
3) Clemson
These are good. I'd add USC Trojans, Michigan, Penn State.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Texas.
And, we should play them every year going forward. "The Real UT Bowl". Would be great for the sport.

Beating up on any Big 10 team would be fun. I'd probably want to dish out some pain to Penn State because I'm tired of their overrated team always getting an automatic slot in the top 10. They never beat anyone noteworthy, yet because they stack up easy wins in the Big 10, they are viewed as a top tier program every year. I'd love to give them a beatdown like we did to Iowa.

My question is this…

My top 3
1)Notre Dame
2) Ohio State
3) Clemson
1. Georgia State
2. Wyoming
3. Oregon?

VN Store

Back