If you learned your favorite player had opposing politics/religious viewpoints:

If your sports hero revealed he had opposite political/religious viewpoints, you'd…

• Not watch them anymore

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Still watch but not respect them

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Still watch but wish he’d leave your team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It wouldn’t matter to me

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
Here's the deal: athletes, artists, actors, etc are generally the furthest removed from reality. Oftentimes, they are strange and eccentric, which is what makes them interesting. Financially, they are largely insulated from economics and politics. Do you think Juan Soto cares that brisket is $10/pound and gas is $4? Many have private security details, as well.

My point is: watch whoever you like. Listen to what sounds good. Go see Maverick. Just turn off the TV when one of these goofballs starts telling you how to think or vote.

Hell, I still like OJ.

But I don't call anyone a "hero" for playing sports or acting in a movie. Remember how Barf in Spaceballs was a Mawg, half Man, half Dog? He was his own best friend? Thats like me and hero's. Half hero, half man, ...wait...

So long as they keep it to themself, and their view doesn't oppose a constitutional republican form of government.

As long as they don't talk about it during the sports event or show some sort of political protest like kneeling then I don't care.

VN Store

Back