Im Glad Casey Clausen Is (((GONE)))

I've never understood the anti-Clausen sentiment. Why? Because he was from California? Because he was self confident? Because the VOLS didn't enjoy the same measure of success over his 4 years as we did the 4 before?

Its crazy IMO. Clausen did a great job, gave us some HUGE wins, at Florida '01, Michigan '01, Miami '03.

So what if he's from California, so are Burnett and Simon...

Self-confidence is critical when leading a team and in big time sports.

Our relative lack of succes from '00 - '03 had more to do with weaker line play and team chemistry. I will admit that Clausen didn't seem to have the best rapport with all of the team, but...

he was a tough SOB, competitive, and overall, fairly successful, he loved Tennessee, and it is a disservice to him and UT for his legacy to be tarnished by those who will never be happy.

Originally posted by allvol+Oct 15, 2004 3:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (allvol @ Oct 15, 2004 3:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-orangetd88@Oct 15, 2004 2:50 PM
Thanks for proving my point.  :D

Although Clausen was not responsible for the miscues in the 4th quarter, I think he might have been directly responsible for the lack of offense in the 3rd quarter that allowed LSU to hang in the game. I don&#39;t have a copy of the drive charts, but I know the Vols went nowwhere on their first series of the 2nd half. After LSU cut the Vols lead to 17-13, Clausen did lead the Vols to the LSU 38yd line. However, a poor throw on 4th down ended the drive. The good field position help set up another LSU field goal to further cut the Vols lead to 17-16.

With 17 first half points, and LSU without their starting qb and rb, the Vols should have put some separation between themselves and LSU.

Clausen did throw 16 incomplete passes in the game.

here&#39;s a fairly extensive writeup on the game [/quote]
We had no ground game at all in that game. Sure, Clausen was partly to blame, as is everyone else on the team in a loss. But it wasn&#39;t so much is fault as it was the defense and offensive line that did not open any holes for Stephens.

clausen was deffinitly one of the best quarterbacks in vols history, he didnt look too good all the time but he performed wen we needed him. and look at lsus qb from last year, led his team to a co-national championship, and sugar bowl win, and didnt enter the pro draft. clausen could be a good player in the NFL if he changes a few things and works on getting a set technique.

Casey did what he had to do. I think that he could have been better with some talent at receiver in 2002/2003, but he still did not have the ability to be a great QB in this league. Also Clausen never looked like he was willing to go the extra distance, unless it was in crucial games on the road. I am glad he is gone, because now we have a QB with some talent and heart.

Do yall remember when Casey did this alot of UT QBs cant say they ever beat FL.

Attachments

• 13spt_utufclausenb_410.jpg
    13spt_utufclausenb_410.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2
Florida hasn&#39;t forgotten him either.... like I said before I think he was a good QB he just didn&#39;t seem to mesh with his teammates and as for stallworth and especially washington to me there was too much "I" instead of us as in "team" as good as they were I think they hurt the program(my :twocents: )

as for stallworth and especially washington to me there was too much "I" instead of us as in "team" as good as they were I think they hurt the program(my  )

I agree with Washington but i didn&#39;t get that from Stallworth. Did i miss something?

I loved Donte, see below.

As I said mostly Washington but the whole team seemed to be about what "I" did not what the team did that year... the big head is contagious and Washington had a full blown clinical case of it.

Kelly really irked me but provided the big plays when we needed them. Well, when he was playing.

The "future" seems to be the past now.

Are you suprised that he hasn&#39;t made an impact in the NFL?

I think he was only special in his own mind...remember he was several years older than most of the kids he was playing against in college its a whole new game at the next level.

The Thing that got me about Casey is that every time he was on TV all he talked about was how Great he was. And it was always the other guys fault. I never Heard him take the blame for anything. If he would have made it a team thing then I think I might would have liked him. And the statement he made after that Ga. Game took the Cake. I do agree that he did make some Big Plays. And about Caseys Brother roaming the sideline. That is Scary but who knows he might be good @ his Game I&#39;ve only seen him Play just a few sec. So I cant say anything.

Originally posted by volmanjr@Oct 22, 2004 7:14 AM
he sucks.... will never start...don&#39;t know why he came here :ph34r:

At the time he had a legitimate chance to play. Can you imagine if we wouldn&#39;t have signed Schaeffer and Ainge last year? Clausen and Leak would be co number 1.

I know it&#39;s almost halloween and all, but that REALLY sent a chill down my spine.

Think we&#39;d still be 5-1?

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

VN Store

Back