im still full Butch

rockytop114

R.I.P I formation
We need a running QB. And until then I hate seeing the read option. I never thought I would miss the. I formation.

Anyway I still see a well coached team and believe we are going the rite direction.

Leave Butch alone!

Reactions: 14 people
Right there with you...nothing's changed for me...all part of the story
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Keep your heads up. We are unranked and played possibly the best team on the nation today. Oregon is the fastest team I've ever seen. We are just not there yet. I believe in this coaching staff to bring us back to relevancy. Go vols, lick your wounds and lets hunt some gator. :clapping:

Reactions: 2 people
We need a running QB. And until then I hate seeing the read option. I never thought I would miss the. I formation.

Anyway I still see a well coached team and believe we are going the rite direction.

Leave Butch alone!

We need a QB period! Who is this well coached team,Oregon? I saw another clueless coaching staff who had no answer to anything Oregon did.

It amazing how frazzled some people, (not this thread) are getting. I don't want to lose, ever, but this result was a big possibility going in. Its like some people's whole world just collapsed. Still a long season ahead of us...

Oregon is simply on a different level. I think a lot on here thought they weren't really a #2 team. They clearly are.

Reactions: 3 people
Im on the fence officially with Butch after this one. I love UT and i bleed orange, but this was embarrassing. It never should have gotten outta hand like this.

Like everyone has been saying about this offense unless you have a great throwing QB you need and running threat

I thought the read option meant the quaterback read the end and had the option of running the ball. Well someone needs to explain that to our team. The defense can watch film and see our quarterback won't run. Worley could have had ran forever on some plays if he would have kept the ball.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person

Leave Butch alone!

Looks like Butch's defensive coaching staff left Oregon alone...the TE was open all day, same with the WRs most of the time and the RBs coming out of the backfield.

I'd be ok with this if the coaches put our players in position to make plays and have success and we simply lack talent, but it was more than that. We were outcoached as well as outplayed.

CBJ is in his give me season. He must start showing he has the best staff in America early next year. He's playing with freshmen and hand me downs. Still going to take much work to win six this year.

Im on the fence officially with Butch after this one. I love UT and i bleed orange, but this was embarrassing. It never should have gotten outta hand like this.

CBJ will reopen the QB competition this week and Worley will be on the fence in the Gator game.

We need a QB period! Who is this well coached team,Oregon? I saw another clueless coaching staff who had no answer to anything Oregon did.

Our team is well coached, we're just not where we want to be yet. Our fans are idiots...

easy there. this staff made some really bad calls tonight.

this game would have been closer had we gone for some of those 4th downs. and that is an undisputed fact.

probably worst call was putting #14 in to start.

do I still believe in Butch? yes. he has done better with this squad than many coaches could have done. not because the guys are horrible, although some really lack speed, but because some of them are just YOUNG. young guys will make mistakes. moreover, some of those guys out there in the secondary are walkons and just were outmatched. recruiting and experience will take care of all of this.

y'all are kidding yourselves if you think he is in any way Dooley 2.0.

call me crazy but we have a promising future.

easy there. this staff made some really bad calls tonight.

this game would have been closer had we gone for some of those 4th downs. and that is an undisputed fact.

probably worst call was putting #14 in to start.

do I still believe in Butch? yes. he has done better with this squad than many coaches could have done. not because the guys are horrible, although some really lack speed, but because some of them are just YOUNG. young guys will make mistakes. moreover, some of those guys out there in the secondary are walkons and just were outmatched. recruiting and experience will take care of all of this.

y'all are kidding yourselves if you think he is in any way Dooley 2.0.

call me crazy but we have a promising future.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Also are best wr's today didn't have many stars!

Reactions: 1 person

Settle down Francis.

Oregon has done that all year and will continue to do it all year to better opponents than us.
It is what it is.

I'll look forward to your idiotic spittle flecked Vol calls call later in the week:

"FAHR BUTCH HE LOST A GAME"
'caller u are aware that Saban went 6-6 his first year with bama, right?'
"I DONT CARE BOUT NO BAMMER WE GOTS THE 1 RECRUIT CLASS WE SHOULD WIN ERRY GAME FAHR BUTCH!"

U know in ur heart that this is you 100%

Settle down Francis.

Oregon has done that all year and will continue to do it all year to better opponents than us.
It is what it is.

I'll look forward to your idiotic spittle flecked Vol calls call later in the week:

"FAHR BUTCH HE LOST A GAME"
'caller u are aware that Saban went 6-6 his first year with bama, right?'
"I DONT CARE BOUT NO BAMMER WE GOTS THE 1 RECRUIT CLASS WE SHOULD WIN ERRY GAME FAHR BUTCH!"

LMFAO!

The fact is, Butch and his staff could have encouraged the Vol nation by playing a good competitive game, even if it ended in a 21 point loss. Sorry but they didn't do that. In fact, Butch looks like he's playing the wrong offense for our talent, looks like he chose the wrong QB, the offense looked terrible, and he made some bad decisions today--starting with that absurd decision to give Oregon a 4th down try from our 5 instead of a 3rd down try from our 35. That was stupid. So I'm not going to try and make myself feel better by saying that "Butch gets it." I like the man, I desperately hope he succeeds, but so what? You realize that our OL will be terrible next year? So if Butch has so magic in him, he will need to show it regardless of our talent issues. That is true of any coach trying to improve a program. The good ones find a way, the mediocre ones don't.

VN Store

Back