'25 IN SDE Mariyon Dye (Tennessee commit)

5 tech/SDE per Callahan. During his OV that compared his projected role to that of what Tyler Baron did here.
Yeah he’ll play the same role. But I just went and rewatched Baron’s senior highlights, then watched Dye’s junior highlights. This guy is better right now than Baron was as a senior. More explosive, faster, bigger. Dude is elite.

This cat seems like a Shaun Ellis clone unless he keeps growing then he may become a Reggie White clone!
Ahem -

This dude already pushing 6’5” 280?

He’s pushing into Big Katt territory if he can maintain his quickness and agility.

I’m 100% here for that.

Reggie White? C’mon man lol. Let’s not go there.

This has nothing to do with Dye but it seems on3 is really putting an emphasis on "freaky athletes" instead of "good football players"

and hey, that may be fun for a recruiting cycle. not sustainable long term when many of the highly ranked athletes don't pan out as football players. cute they are trying something "new" though! :rolleyes:

Success on the field equals success off the field in recruiting rankings. Would be interesting to see how many recruits of Georgia, Ohio state, Bama get bumps every year for the past few years.
Yeah, I would like to see those numbers also hopefully this year we can start winning on the field!
GB🍊!

247Sports tabbed jumbo edge rusher Mariyon Dye (Tennessee commit) as a new four-star on Top247 watch in early June, and the Elkhart (Ind.) standout debuts at No. 110 overall in Wednesday's updated Top247 rankings for 2025.
"Dye possesses ample growth potential in his frame with excellent length," said Cooper Petagna, 247Sports national scouting analyst. "He flashes promising athleticism off the edge in an odd-front two-point stance. Exhibits an explosive first step and can win with outstanding foot and body quickness. Pro-active mover who utilizes his combination of size, length, and athleticism exceptionally well as a pass rusher. Plays with good burst to close. No concerns about physicality or playing to frame."

VN Store

Back