'25 IN SDE Mariyon Dye (Tennessee commit)

There is certainly a chance that Dye can stay outside at 280 lbs in the mold of Julius Peppers and Shawn Ellis, but we will see. I think he eventually grows into a DT, and plays some SDE in various jumbo packages and goaline \ FG etc.....

Either way, Rodney, coach Chop, and Robert Ayers are the best in the college game of developing DL's, so they will figure it out. Dye is a freak athlete that has his best football in front of him. He is on the raw side of things, but you don't come across guys like Dye very often, he is going to be a monster.

I thought we were "struggling" in recruiting the offensive & defensive lines?? I have been told that over and over and over and over...and over again.

...and over.
OIP.hkQ6dTSmXFugkeiyd7XFvgHaHa

I know he projects as a SDE but this guy has a large frame and could put on more weight really easily. I think he will be 285-290 by the time he enters college. JMO.

Kid is super athletic and I see him as a potential Aaron Donald type.
Haha Donald might be jumping the gun bt he does give me a Denico Autry vibe.Dude is consistently a terror and u can line him up at a few spots based on the defensive alignments ur running..

Haha Donald might be jumping the gun bt he does give me a Denico Autry vibe.Dude is consistently a terror and u can line him up at a few spots based on the defensive alignments ur running..

The reason I say Donald type is that Donald played inside as a smaller Dlineman but was powerful and quick enough to disrupt and get in the backfield. He also could move outside and dominate with strength. Donald could exploit his mismatches. I think this kid has that potential.

If he doesn’t put on weight… agree with the Autry comparison.

VN Store

Back