Inflation: Airline fares surge 18.6% in April as travel demand picks up

I can’t imagine how much electricity it would take to get a 747 off the ground.

Couldn’t get off the ground. The Battery packs alone would make it overweight for takeoff. Drill baby, drill!

Couldn’t get off the ground. The Battery packs alone would make it overweight for takeoff. Drill baby, drill!

If I'm not mistaken, there has been research into methane engines and biofuels. Not that bio is any better, but we could raise more cows and pigs for methane and eat the byproducts of ribs, bacon, ice cream and steak.

Wasn't it AOC that said something about trains?
Hey, electric trains ARE the way to go. Just got back from Europe a few weeks ago. 10 days of Trip with nothing but electrified trains. Fast, comfortable, quiet, and efficient.
Of course, electrification of US rail Lines with our vast distances would be unbelievably expensive
New regional passenger lines make sense; but Amtrak is almost laughably inept
The Swiss railway system especially was an absolute marvel of engineering and operational excellence

If I'm not mistaken, there has been research into methane engines and biofuels. Not that bio is any better, but we could raise more cows and pigs for methane and eat the byproducts of ribs, bacon, ice cream and steak.
I like the way you think sir 😄

Per W. Bush we'll all be driving cars fueled by switchgrass by 2012. Just wait, it'll be awesome

And see, right there is a win-win for the aviation industry, the environment and grill masters around the world.

Edit: I believe someone posted earlier a test flight took place using some type of cooking oil. Can you imagine the smell of French fries waffing through the cabin? Airlines could charge $10 bucks for them all day.

VN Store

Back