Instagram so must be true

Which also means, we have no idea what Nico will play like in the face of adversity. He’s special but still very inexperienced.
Thank you so much for helping the rest of us manage our expectations! I don’t know what we’d do without you. If we as a fanbase got too excited…well it just doesn’t bear thinking about, does it?

You know, it reminds me of people who drive down the street with their music blasting loud enough to rattle the windows of houses they pass, so that pedestrians and people whose car radios are broken will have something to listen to. Such thoughtful, considerate souls. And that’s what you are to this board, Clad. Well done!

Which also means, we have no idea what Nico will play like in the face of adversity. He’s special but still very inexperienced.
believe I am OK with playing with the lead, that whole coming from behind for the W isn't really all that funny unless you're snatching a W away from say Bama

I don't get that take at all. I would rather believe when he is starting, the team is hyped up and ready to play their best football. I also don not believe that stat will not continue through the end of the game Saturday. However, I would be damed impressed if it did.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I don't get that take at all. I would rather believe when he is starting, the team is hyped up and ready to play their best football. I also don not believe that stat will not continue through the end of the game Saturday. However, I would be damed impressed if it did.
What’s not to get about the fact that he is still inexperienced? Another fact, he hasn’t faced adversity as #QB1. The young man has all the talent in the world but there’s a part of being a complete QB that neither fans nor coaches have seen in a high-pressure game. How does he respond after throwing a pick 6? How does he play under two minutes and needing a TD drive to win? How does he play when he’s taken a beating for 3 quarters because the line is struggling against Georgia? How does he look in Oklahoma when the crowd is extremely loud? I think he’s great and will rise above all these situations. But my original take was simply that he hasn’t experienced these situations as Vol QB1 yet, in just six quarters. We may or may not see some adversity this Saturday, but it will eventually come.

What’s not to get about the fact that he is still inexperienced? Another fact, he hasn’t faced adversity as #QB1. The young man has all the talent in the world but there’s a part of being a complete QB that neither fans nor coaches have seen in a high-pressure game. How does he respond after throwing a pick 6? How does he play under two minutes and needing a TD drive to win? How does he play when he’s taken a beating for 3 quarters because the line is struggling against Georgia? How does he look in Oklahoma when the crowd is extremely loud? I think he’s great and will rise above all these situations. But my original take was simply that he hasn’t experienced these situations as Vol QB1 yet, in just six quarters. We may or may not see some adversity this Saturday, but it will eventually come.

You do understand that any fan with a clue is well aware of all of that, don't you? It's week two of a season of sky high expectations for a program that only five years ago was in the garbage dump, and now with a stud coach and potentially the best QB recruit since Peyton Manning. We all know that the real tests are coming, but maybe let people enjoy the ride a bit without the Captain Obvious splash of cold water?

Nico is special. He won’t pay attention to the scoreboard. He’ll execute the plan one play at a time and make adjustments as the coaching staff determines… one play at a time. He’s not going to let crowd or scoreboard dictate his execution.

Will he have bad plays? Games? Perhaps, but those will not deter him.

How do I know these things? Just ask Carnac the Magnificent.

Ye
I’d rather go through adversity with Nico as our QB than any other college QB I can think of.
I like our chances with him.

Nico’s calm demeanor will be very helpful to him and our team in hostile environments.

Reactions: Alto1
You do understand that any fan with a clue is well aware of all of that, don't you? It's week two of a season of sky high expectations for a program that only five years ago was in the garbage dump, and now with a stud coach and potentially the best QB recruit since Peyton Manning. We all know that the real tests are coming, but maybe let people enjoy the ride a bit without the Captain Obvious splash of cold water?
You seem to be easily triggered. A fan forum is for all viewpoints right? My original take was not negative at all nor meant to be a splash of cold water. It was a true statement that means things won’t always be easy and we will see Nico struggle at some point. I hope you won’t be one of the loudest critics of #8 when he fails to live up to your expectations.

You seem to be easily triggered. A fan forum is for all viewpoints right? My original take was not negative at all nor meant to be a splash of cold water. It was a true statement that means things won’t always be easy and we will see Nico struggle at some point. I hope you won’t be one of the loudest critics of #8 when he fails to live up to your expectations.
Dude you’re negative 90% of the time. As a fanbase we’re just barely removed from well over a decade of abject misery. Just let people be happy, for Pete’s sake. If you can’t, don’t be surprised when you get some pushback.

VN Store

Back