Insurrection Activities In Tennessee

Nah, not Dave Ramsey. He doesn't give off that kind of "rebel" vibe, but you could be right. I don't think it was Valentine, either. It was a radio guy behind it, though.

It was Phil Valentine and Steve Gill.

Talk Radio Thwarts Tennessee Income Tax

“They’re trying to raise our taxes! Get to the Capitol! Quick!” was what Phil Valentine and Steve Gill, the town’s leading conservative radio personalities, told their listeners.

Reactions: StarRaider
Nah, not Dave Ramsey. He doesn't give off that kind of "rebel" vibe, but you could be right. I don't think it was Valentine, either. It was a radio guy behind it, though.
I just remember him on the radio encouraging people to go and be heard.

And Tennessee hasn't missed a beat since then.

You had lawmakers get hands put on them during this melee and nobody went out and started pizzing and bellyaching afterwards like these damn Democrats in DC.

So you think that incident in Nashville twenty years ago makes it all right for Trump to incite a mob to attack the Capitol for the purpose of stopping the Electoral College Vote Count of a Joint Session of Congress? That is seriously messed up. There are no valid reasons or excuses for interfering with Congress with a mob to overthrow the Election. You are talking about overthrowing the most important function of our Constitution. You probably do not like the word traitor applied to you, but it does seem to fit.

Ok no. Why weren't these people hunted and treated like domestic terrorists? Why didn't this get attention for a year? Who was in charge of the planning? What members of Tn state legislature were involved? There has been a grave threat of violence in Tn ever since. How have we lived without those state taxes? We are suffering in this state.
I read that in a Dorothy of Oz voice.... it really works

What's sad is elected officials act as if they don't want to hear from their constituents, nor do they care what their constituents want them to do. They are supposed to represent the people that elect them, but instead they represent whichever political party they serve.
I was wondering the other day how often the full Tennessee delegation of federal lawmakers meet to discuss what's best for Tennessee.... you know Marsha, Bill, and all 7 republican and 2 democratic representatives? MAybe invite the Governor to set in too.....

So you think that incident in Nashville twenty years ago makes it all right for Trump to incite a mob to attack the Capitol for the purpose of stopping the Electoral College Vote Count of a Joint Session of Congress? That is seriously messed up. There are no valid reasons or excuses for interfering with Congress with a mob to overthrow the Election. You are talking about overthrowing the most important function of our Constitution. You probably do not like the word traitor applied to you, but it does seem to fit.

“...Trump to incite a mob to attack the Capitol..”
☝️ 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 ☝️

No, I'm just saying that you all are making a mountain out of a ant hill. I'm not condoning anything. You guys got bent out of shape over that, but said nothing the previous summer when multiple cities were on fire from ANTIFA/BLM riots.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

Out of curiosity, what do you believe is the purpose of the second amendment right of the people to keep and bear arms? and who do you think it was intended that they bear them against, should the necessity arise?

Out of curiosity, what do you believe is the purpose of the second amendment right of the people to keep and bear arms? and who do you think it was intended that they bear them against, should the necessity arise?

Militias were used against the British Army and Indian tribes on the warpath. You might recall that the Founding Fathers were against keeping a large, standing army.

What's the story behind that?
The Daily Beacon had a football pick 'em contest with the winning entry getting 10 cases of Bud... so our floor grabbed every copy of the DB we could get our hands on and filled out the entries. We won the week before the bammer game so we got the beer on the Friday night before the game and put the beer in trash cans with ice hidden in the dorms. Drinking age was 18 but the dorms rules were no alcohol (yeah right).

We got pretty inebriated and ended up on Cumberland Ave around the bridge that went over to Clement Hall... a huge crowd gathered in the evening to the point that Cumberland Ave was pretty much impassible by vehicles. So around maybe 10 pm or so a Kerns bread truck tried to make it down Cumberland Ave around 17th Street and had to stop and it was mobbed by mostly peaceful partiers. One of TGO's buds opened up the back of the truck and it was emptied of its contents. I remember a bunch of Knoxville cop cars everywhere and discovered that the blue light covers were very easily removed and the covers were well suited for popcorn holders.

VN Store

Back