Interesting Oklahoma Perspective

The guys from the Schooner Pod said that we would have performed better offensively if the game wasn't in primetime.

They said their defense was gassed and all the commercial breaks really helped.
It won’t be long before there are more commercials than football. Takes a lot of the fun away for the viewer.

The guys from the Schooner Pod said that we would have performed better offensively if the game wasn't in primetime.

They said their defense was gassed and all the commercial breaks really helped.
The game lasted about 3 hours. One hour playing time and 2 hours of commercials. It was ridiculous!

Despite the below, we still won!!!

1) The field was in terrible shape. I have never seen so many slips/falls.... Not even in snowy conditions. 🤪 Actually, that may have contributed to their own injuries.
2) The refs were terrible. That last roughing the QB was one of the worst calls that I have seen this year. They also zapped us several times anytime we touched an OK player.
3) The embarrassing flopping, #95 in particular.... even Herbstreit called it out...saying it was unethical.
4) One reason we did not score as much is because OK Defense was good, but they also admitted to changing their defensive structure just for us, and they were contemplating it since January.

It was a well-deserved victory for UT!!!

It also helped when they faked injuries.

The other reason they got tired was watching their offense be completely futile. Having a good to great offense AND defense is very rare. And they most definitely affect each other.
Yea I lost a lot of respect for Venables after that nonsense. I'm sure i'm the minority on this, but it just doesn't sit well with me when a coach deliberately coaches a kid to lie to gain an advantage.....in any form, but especially to fake an injury.

Yea I lost a lot of respect for Venables after that nonsense. I'm sure i'm the minority on this, but it just doesn't sit well with me when a coach deliberately coaches a kid to lie to gain an advantage.....in any form, but especially to fake an injury.
Bro we fake injuries on the extra point every time we score too fast.

I'm interested to see how Oklahoma does vs Auburn. That should be a low scoring game. Very low.

I think Oklahoma wins pretty soundly. Even though I don't think Hawkins was that great, they will be more confident offensively with him. Auburn's D isn't that great and I think Oklahoma has a good defense. I think Oklahoma shuts them down and scores ~20-30 points to win a 30-7 or something like that type of game.

I mean we do it on extra points all the time. I get your point it definitely effects play more when it’s in the middle of a drive. When we do it it’s to rest the defense; really think Heupel started doing this bc everyone else was doing it as well.

VN Store

Back