Interesting Oklahoma Perspective

I mean we do it on extra points all the time. I get your point it definitely effects play more when it’s in the middle of a drive. When we do it it’s to rest the defense; really think Heupel started doing this bc everyone else was doing it as well.

I have noticed that we use it regularly. I think part of it is Heupel mocking the rules committee because they obviously aren’t smart enough to figure out how to deal with it. They keep jacking with the clock rules, but I’ll be darned if they haven’t realized that they could shave half an hour from every game if they could figure out how to take “injuries” seriously enough to make the player sit out for 5-10 minutes.

Reactions: mickey1969
We do the same thing, just saying.
No, we don't. The problem is with faking injuries DURING AN OFFENSIVE DRIVE. It let's the defense get a little rest and allows any and all substitutions by the defense. Without the fake injuries during an offensive drive, the defense would have to keep playing with whatever personnel they have on the field, regardless of which defenders are tired or what substitutions the defensive coach would like to make.

Faking an injury after the extra point doesn't effect the other team at all. Any and all personnel changes are going to take place before the next play (the kickoff) regardless of whether there is an injury on the extra point or not.

Big difference.

Bro we fake injuries on the extra point every time we score too fast.
Faking injuries on the extra point just buys a little time before the kick off. It does not affect the rhythm of the opposing offense and therefore seems a little more acceptable to me. I don't think we did it against the Sooners, but i had a few drinks and might have missed it.

No, we don't. The problem is with faking injuries DURING AN OFFENSIVE DRIVE. It let's the defense get a little rest and allows any and all substitutions by the defense. Without the fake injuries during an offensive drive, the defense would have to keep playing with whatever personnel they have on the field, regardless of which defenders are tired or what substitutions the defensive coach would like to make.

Faking an injury after the extra point doesn't effect the other team at all. Any and all personnel changes are going to take place before the next play (the kickoff) regardless of whether there is an injury on the extra point or not.

Big difference.
So you’re saying we fake injuries?

Reactions: mickey1969
Yea I lost a lot of respect for Venables after that nonsense. I'm sure i'm the minority on this, but it just doesn't sit well with me when a coach deliberately coaches a kid to lie to gain an advantage.....in any form, but especially to fake an injury.
Just curious, where did you see that anyone was coached to do that?

Faking injuries on the extra point just buys a little time before the kick off. It does not affect the rhythm of the opposing offense and therefore seems a little more acceptable to me. I don't think we did it against the Sooners, but i had a few drinks and might have missed it.
Vysen Lang did it after the first TD. Told my wife and the two Sooner fans sitting next to her to look for it. They didn’t do it for the final TD.

VN Store

Back