Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

Never said fire him by the way but I feel he needs to make a decision. A 75 year old isn't going to find much success
A 75 year old that has had the success he has had or potentially can have in the next 5 years, isn't concerned with an opinion of such. At that point if he wants to retire then so be it. If the man wants to continue to coach, then let it go. He has been our most successful coach in the history of the program, so there's no need to rush him out of town...

A 75 year old that has had the success he has had or potentially can have in the next 5 years, isn't concerned with an opinion of such. At that point if he wants to retire then so be it. If the man wants to continue to coach, then let it go. He has been our most successful coach in the history of the program, so there's no need to rush him out of town...
Again, not saying anyone needs to "rush him out" however, he needs to make a decision

But where are the NCAA championships or even final four appearances ? Before you answer Bama is in the final 4 and Barnes is not. Does that make the Bama coach hall of fame too ?
No, it just makes him lucky he drew Clemson instead of Purdue in the regional finals. It’s all just luck of the draw at this stage

What decision? He's made no comment about retiring, therefore things should be treated as normal. Do you normally think coaches have to "make a decision" every offseason?
He needs to make a decision best for him, his family and the program. Coaches at his age should make decisions every offseason

If you’re into statistics run the numbers on this ratio you got going
Help me out here before I run the numbers so I can support whatever rebuttal you’re try to make…

Since he was a head coach beginning in 1987, he’s made made the Final 4 once, and the Eight 8 three times. Most of his tournament runs have not advanced past the Sweet 16.

For the record, I’m not calling for Barnes firing, just wondering why this seems to be a surprise for many

VN Store

Back