Irs audited low income families the most

Naw, just imagine the shock at seeing a far right poster complaining about the IRS going after mostly Democrats for filing fraudulent refund claims...
I don’t doubt they’re going after fraud, but they go after innocent people too that can’t afford accountants or lawyers. The tax codes are way too complicated for the majority of Americans. Simplify taxes so that even LG can understand them.

I don’t doubt they’re going after fraud, but they go after innocent people too that can’t afford accountants or lawyers. The tax codes are way too complicated for the majority of Americans. Simplify taxes so that even LG can understand them.

I've got a way of simplifying the tax code...

Get rid of the whole damn system and go to a flat 25% with no loopholes, no deferments, no breaks, nothing. Everyone pays period on annual income.

If the government can't live on that they're spending too much.

Actually, they kinda are . Back when Obama was President, the IRS made it a habit not to review those (largely Democratic) returns. You had a lot of shady tax places promise refund anticipation loans and file fraudulent refund claims for EITC knowing the IRS wouldnt review them. When Trump took over, the IRS clamped down on those fraudulent refund claims....

Get rid of the whole damn system and go to a flat 25% with no loopholes, no deferments, no breaks, nothing. Everyone pays period on annual income.

It has to be via constitutional amendment though so they cannot change the amount. Other than that... Yep. This is what we need absolutely.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo

Income or earnings?

Eitc is just a way for poor people to cheat and steal money they didn't earn!

How dare the irs go after poor people!

I may be in the minority here but I am 100% fine with the IRS going after blatant tax fraud perpetuated by fly by night tax prep companies....

Reactions: Go aeiou
Eitc is just a way for poor people to cheat and steal money they didn't earn!

How dare the irs go after poor people!
They aren't cheating and stealing any more than rich people are. They are using the laws as written. Those laws should be changed. Flat tax on ALL income. Period. No deductions. Period. (rate set via constitutional amendment)

They aren't cheating and stealing any more than rich people are. They are using the laws as written. Those laws should be changed. Flat tax on ALL income. Period. No deductions. Period. (rate set via constitutional amendment)
Except many are cheating which is the point. These is the group period life you routinely rail against for not paying yet don't want them audited? That doesn't really work

Flat tax for everyone is idiotic. The only people who would propose it would be the least likely to be affected

25% is still absurd.

I'd rather just have a national sales tax and nothing else. We didn't need a federal income tax before, and we certainly don't need one now.

Except many are cheating which is the point. These is the group period life you routinely rail against for not paying yet don't want them audited? That doesn't really work

Flat tax for everyone is idiotic. The only people who would propose it would be the least likely to be affected
A flat income tax has about as much chance of becoming a reality as term limits for congress.

25% is still absurd.

I'd rather just have a national sales tax and nothing else. We didn't need a federal income tax before, and we certainly don't need one now.
So what is taxed on a national sales tax? Energy, food, medical care? The list can go on and on.

So what is taxed on a national sales tax? Energy, food, medical care? The list can go on and on.
Don't know. I'd really rather not have federal taxes at all, but have the federal budget be slashed and run on things like tariffs, etc. as it used to.

Reactions: hog88
I may be in the minority here but I am 100% fine with the IRS going after blatant tax fraud perpetuated by fly by night tax prep companies....

You're not the Lone Ranger. I just doubt that they actually go after the ones duping the low income folks and go after the low income folks.

No, earnings are from employment. Income can be from an IRA, investments, social security, sell of a house ext.
I vote to only tax earnings income because old farts like me don't have any income earnings. There fixed it.

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back