Is Eric Gordon officially gone for good?

NGage

Sorry if it's old news, I try to keep up but just can't remember if there's been a conclusion to his situation.

And, BTW, was it ever found out what his issue was?

Long time listener, long time lurker....I'll hang up and listen. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry if it's old news, I try to keep up but just can't remember if there's been a conclusion to his situation.

And, BTW, was it ever found out what his issue was?

Long time listener, long time lurker....I'll hang up and listen. Thanks in advance.

Eric will remain on scholarship while finishing up his studies toward a degree. Likely December graduate. Not expected to be on the playing field this fall.

His issue is personal, Not academic and not breaking any team rules

Eric will remain on scholarship while finishing up his studies toward a degree. Likely December graduate. Not expected to be on the playing field this fall.

It sounds like he had Trae Golden type issues.

Thanks for the info.
Sorry to hear...always a shame when a homestate kid doesn't pan out or work out.
Best of luck to the young man, and thanks to him for the Vandy win.

Reactions: 5 people

Wish the young man good luck and hope everything is alright with him.

Hate that he won't be playing, but good on him to stay and finish his degree.

Does anyone here have any knowledge on what the issue actually is? Hate to not see him out there for his last year.

Good. Secondary needs a complete overhaul.

Good? C'mon man..

I guess I just don't understand why our fans put our own players down like that. The guy played as hard and tough as anyone on the team and should he applauded for that. He won us the vandy game the year b4 last with his pick 6. No he wasn't the best in coverage (Sal's defense did him no favors and used him completely wrong IMO) but he was still the most physical and best tackler of any of our CBs. I think he would be our starting nickel this year. But even if he wasn't I wish he was still a part of our team because of the physicality and aggressiveness he brought to our secondary.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
I wish he was still on the team. With good coaching, who knows if he would've lived up to the hype. I will always appreciate (1) him signing with UT over Bama, etc., when we really needed a vote of confidence from the Middle Tennessee area recruits, (2) the aforementioned pick 6 to beat Vandy, and (3) his aggression on the field. I would also note that I'm sure Gordon is more disappointed that he never became a star for UT than our fans could possibly be because it's his life and I'm sure he had NFL dreams when he signed with UT over Bama, etc.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back