is gerald jones going to de-commit

Millwood is our inside scoop. He already commented on this as I recall and said Gerald is a man of his word but you never know with kids these days.

Millwood is our inside scoop. He already commented on this as I recall and said Gerald is a man of his word but you never know with kids these days.

thanks kirby, jones and berry looked really good at the AA game. we might have somebody in the secondary besides heff that can make a tackle.

I doubt Jones is deeply rethinking it. Just something to worry about until signing day. That and Vereen.

Depends on who you listen to.

If its Scout.com I wouldn't believe it, they also have Walker taking visits and he has denied that.

He has said that certain schools have asked him to vist and it was taken out of context that he was going to visit. Who knows there is still a month left

Scout likes to keep things stirred up. Maybe because the big boys behind the scenes are Dawgs and Gators

no way we lose this kid with all the momentum we have in the recruiting world right now. but as kirby said, u never really know with kids these days :unsure:

Just a little drama until signing day. I believe Jones is just honoring his official, and creating the perception that he might be open (makes the hosts more accommodating).

Sorry I havent been on guys, I'm still in San Antonio for the AFCA.. I have heard some stuff the past couple of days also.. Just like I stated before Gerald said he is solid but then again you never know with a 17 or 18 year old kid.. I guess we will all see where he really stands after he gets back from Florida..

I'm not going to sit here and say all kinds of things to make people happy.. I am going to say what I know.. I know that when he came back from tenn, he was blown away, but he was still going to take his trip to Florida.. I have been hearing stuff about Tenn bringing him up there to play defense.. If he finds out thats true then he might be gone.. He wants to play offense and offense only..

Anytime.. I like Tennesse, I have actually become kind of close to Coach Caldwell.. I saw him and Coach Fulmer yesterday and had a good converstaion with them.. I know that if Gerald does come to Tennessee he will be around very quality people..

"As far as my commitment to Tennessee, on as scale of 1 to 10, I'm an 11. I'm a man of my word. I don't see why you'd commit to a team then decommit and go somewhere else. That's not cool. That's like a team saying, "I'll give you a scholarship” and you really like them. Then at the last minute they're like, "I'm going to take this scholarship back.” That's not cool. My commitment is very solid."

http://web.newsok.com/article/298680...rts/highschool

I'll believe him

Did anyone else catch the comment about him during the AA game? They said he was the most physical WR.

That would bode well for his transition to the SEC and early playing time.

RB wouldn't be a bad thing either if they miss out on Creer.... or the way Jones runs, maybe it wouldn't be bad whether they get Creer or not.

We still have Vereen if we don't get Creer. Jones will be a WR because it is our most pressing need.

Well, from what I've gathered, the main school he is interested in other than UT now is UF. The reason behind that is that Urban Meyer is telling Gerald that we are bringing him in for defense. I really hope that Gerald is brighter than that. How exactly would Meyer know what our coaches are going to do with the recruits we are bringing in? He is just recruiting Jones. We want Jones for WR. All he has to do is look at how many DBs we have committed and how many WRs we lose.

VN Store

Back