Is Hefney going to be drafted?

I hate to say this, but when I think of Hefney, I think of him diving in the air and tackling air or bouncing off a ball carrier witout wrapping up. Seeing him let a receiver get behind him on the field or in the endzone also comes to mind. He definitely should have gone pro after his junior year. I think he would have been a high 2nd round pick if he had left after his junior year. Wasn't he a preseason all american before last year?

I hate to say this, but when I think of Hefney, I think of him diving in the air and tackling air or bouncing off a ball carrier witout wrapping up. Seeing him let a receiver get behind him on the field or in the endzone also comes to mind. He definitely should have gone pro after his junior year. I think he would have been a high 2nd round pick if he had left after his junior year. Wasn't he a preseason all american before last year?

I disagree... I don't think we can put too much stock into one's college career as being a real strong indicator of when they will get drafted. You don't have to look far in this year's draft to see that.. Whether it was this year or last year, his combine results probably would have been the same, meaning that he would have slipped regardless. Even at the end of this year before the Combine I saw mock drafts that had him going as high as the 2nd round. The Combine plays a HUGE part in getting drafted. It helped Cottam, but it hurt Hefney. His time playing football is not over though. Either the Bucs, some other team, or he can certainly play in the CFL or AFL. He started 50 consecutive games for us. He's certainly true and true. wish him the best.

I don't the surprise was Hefney not getting drafted, I think the surprise was anyone thinking he would get drafted. He did not have a good senior season at Tennessee....

This is a perfect example why players should leave early if they had a monster junior year. Without question Hefney would have been drafted in some round last year. Now he has to bust his ass 6 times as hard just to get a shot.

Do you really think the NFL scouts were somehow going to misplace their tape measure and stop watch last year? Hefney wouldn't have been drafted last year either.

Do you really think the NFL scouts were somehow going to misplace their tape measure and stop watch last year? Hefney wouldn't have been drafted last year either.

I don't know about that. He had a good junior season. Someone probably would have taken a shot with a later pick.

He just doesnt seem to have the tools that GM's covet. Think about the Titans when they drafted Woolfolk. That pick was simply based on potential from physical ability. The combine killed Hef's chances at hearing his name called.

VN Store

Back