It’s taken me 60 years but I’m finally coming to a home game ! Can’t wait !

jalredding

Texas VFL
I was born in Texas but both sets of grandparents were from Tennessee and love for the Big Orange was instilled in me from birth. Living in Dallas has allowed me to see the Vols play in the Cotton Bowl on 3 occasions. When my wife asked what I wanted for birthday number 60 I told her I wanted to see a game at Neyland. So finally it will happen against Kent State. When they run through the T I will probably have tears in my eyes. We will certainly be doing all of the pre-game activities as well. GBO !!

I was born in Texas but both sets of grandparents were from Tennessee and love for the Big Orange was instilled in me from birth. Living in Dallas has allowed me to see the Vols play in the Cotton Bowl on 3 occasions. When my wife asked what I wanted for birthday number 60 I told her I wanted to see a game at Neyland. So finally it will happen against Kent State. When they run through the T I will probably have tears in my eyes. We will certainly be doing all of the pre-game activities as well. GBO !!
Congrats. Arrive way early so you aren't rushed and take it all in

Awesome! You’re gonna love it! Ain’t nothing like it.

Congratulations! I've been going to games since I was a kid and I still get goosebumps in that place. It's special. Soak it in.

That’s amazing man! Sounds like you got yourself a good wife. I’m taking my 6 year old daughter to the Kent St game for her first game. She loves the Vols because I do but she really doesn’t care for the games. I’m hoping it’ll be an experience that’ll last a lifetime for her. GB🍊

Were you by chance at the Kansas state game?

I've been going since I was a kid. I'm 47 now. I finally got season tickets for my wife and me two years ago. I let them go last year. At the season's start last year, I immediately realized what a mistake I had made. I got back on the list at the end of the year and got season tickets back. I vow never to make that mistake again.

Enjoy every moment; it means more than we could ever imagine!! Go Vols!!

Good for you! You must've gone to the same Cotton Bowl games: Texas in 1969, Arkansas in 1990, Kansas State in 2001. Vols are 1-2 in those games; watched UT-A&M from a bar in London, England. Reilish your trip to Knoxville! :cool:

Last edited:
Congrats to you my friend!!!

I'm 70 years old and only made it there 1 time and the memories I have from that 1 game will be with me all through eternity.

Take it all in and enjoy every second because you'll never forget all the great memories you're going to get.

God bless you brother.

I sure wish I could make it back for 1 more game but even though I live in middle Tennessee I'll never get back there again sadly.

VFL...GBO!!!

Hope you enjoy the game. I am sure you will. For the most part I would rather watch games on TV because the view is better, don’t have to put up with all the people, traffic, expense…. But Neyland is special

Been going since late 50's as a child. Was sitting in the student section with my pregnant wife at the bama game in '76 when she was 5 mos along. I was freezing and she was hot. Bill Battle's last yr. Gotta start the kids off right. Been goin ever since. You're gonna love it!

Reactions: HalfullVol
I was in my mid 20's the first time I saw a game at Neyland.

It changed me.

VN Store

Back