Its clear what this staff decided

VOLSBEERS1992

Get the OL and DL back. These covid upperclassmen DB's are not worth paying any money at all to stay. The young talent is ready and/or we can replace those DB's easily with comparable talent in the portal.

Getting back a full starting OL is massive
Campbell, Karic, Coop, Sprags, Mincey

Front 7 next year should be nasty.

Hate we missed/decided no on some of the portal guys and Seaton but we are bringing back a great situation for Nico to step into.

Agree that it's a big deal for the starting O-line to return but I still wonder about the depth there. We looked pretty bad at times when the backups were in there (especially in the beginning of the season) and I wonder if they still need to grab some depth from the portal or if the backups took their lumps last year and will be improved.

Get the OL and DL back. These covid upperclassmen DB's are not worth paying any money at all to stay. The young talent is ready and/or we can replace those DB's easily with comparable talent in the portal.

Hate we missed/decided no on some of the portal guys and Seaton but we are bringing back a great situation for Nico to step into.
True, but we have some talented red shirt and incoming Freshmen who also want playing time and I think at least those who have redshirted, should be ready for some playing time. If not, we may see them hit the portal and we will lose all that talent at the time they are ready to produce. It's a tightrope situation which needs to handled with care.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
True, but we have some talented red shirt and incoming Freshmen who also want playing time and I think at least those who have redshirted, should be ready for some playing time. If not, we may see them hit the portal and we will lose all that talent at the time they are ready to produce. It's a tightrope situation which needs to handled with care.

Just looking at scholarship players, we’ll have four redshirt freshman and two redshirt sophomores going into the spring barring any additional transfers out. We have five OL commitments but hopefully the six redshirt sophomore/freshmen can provide enough quality depth so the incoming class can all redshirt. But if any of the incoming guys can compete for playing play that’s good. It’s just that OL is a hard position for a true freshman to come in and play - we’ve had a few who could but most benefit from a redshirt year.

They need to play the young back ups as much as possible in the cupcake games and blow out games next year- at all positions.

Reactions: Godfatha
Hopefully they’ve got a bag set aside for a true impact player should one make himself available. Also need to hang on to Sampson. I think we can go 10-2. Not “likely” because there’s always a game or two that you wish you could get back… but it’s doable.

Reactions: Pickle1

Having the o-line come back is Huge.

Hopefully they’ve got a bag set aside for a true impact player should one make himself available. Also need to hang on to Sampson. I think we can go 10-2. Not “likely” because there’s always a game or two that you wish you could get back… but it’s doable.
I think as long as we can have a "respectable year"...whatever that looks like next year w/ RS frosh starting QB...9-3ish...will open the floodgates for us in recruiting w/ 2 more years of Nico after. Though more difficult b/c of SEC slate, but if Nico is the player we think he is, I think our build can resemble Clemson back in the day w/ Deshawn and Trevor, where outstanding QB play raises the tide for all boats, and gets us more talent, not only at skill positions, but fortifying trenches and high caliber DB players. Could be delusional, but JMO.

Reactions: Volosaurus rex
I would say 10-2 is likely and 11-1 doable with a break.

Seaton fell for the snake oil being sold in bolder. Deon will bolt from Bolder once his kids graduate.

Sampson posted on his instagram a pic of him and Heup with the song "Never Broke Again" by YoungBoy. Hopefully this means he got his bag.

I would lean that the transfer portal gets us a new starter and some serviceable players. It has to be a goal.

Wait I don't understand the OL comments. "It's good to get them back", but this same board was flooded with comments this year saying you can't play Nico behind this line because it is not good enough. Wait until next year when we upgrade the OL. What changed in people's mind ?

VN Store

Back