It's time someone spoke the truth!!

Cartervol, UT had the least talented team they've had in the CPF era this past year... he won the SECE with it and went 1-1 against BCS teams. The win, a blow out. The loss, a game that turned on two INT's.

Rather take my chances for a little while longer with a guy who has proven that he can a) get talent to K'ville in a state without alot talent and on the end of that state opposite most of the talent and b) a guy has proven that he can win in K'ville.

If he backslides again then I believe it will be time to take a chance with a new guy. But he failed with Sanders and began to put it back together with Cut. If he fails with Clawson... then there'll be plenty of momentum to talk him into retiring.

Cartervol, UT had the least talented team they've had in the CPF era this past year... he won the SECE with it and went 1-1 against BCS teams. The win, a blow out. The loss, a game that turned on two INT's.

Rather take my chances for a little while longer with a guy who has proven that he can a) get talent to K'ville in a state without alot talent and on the end of that state opposite most of the talent and b) a guy has proven that he can win in K'ville.

If he backslides again then I believe it will be time to take a chance with a new guy. But he failed with Sanders and began to put it back together with Cut. If he fails with Clawson... then there'll be plenty of momentum to talk him into retiring.
these two statement seem just a tad at odds

Nope. I think we'd agree that most of the talent UT had this year suffered from inexperience. The older players weren't by and large on par with what they've had in the past. Maybe I should have given the long version and said "worst combination of talent and experience" of his tenure?

However, over the course of CPF's career, he HAS brought a ton of talent to K'ville. He has a longer history of success with national recruiting than any coach in the NCAA. No one has been that dependent for that long on doing something that virtually everyone would agree is a lot more difficult than recruiting 5*'s that grew up wearing orange from your backyard.

He's also won alot of games and in spite of his failures with Sanders following the championship he's proven he can compete at the highest levels.

I'll never claim he's a great gameday coach. He hasn't shown that. I hate how he goes conservative with a lead. But we should also give him his due.

It would be a mammoth risk to replace him and especially with the recruiting competition and parity that exists today.

I think if Coach Fulmer and Chavis lost some weight they would feel and look better.:crazy:

VN Store

Back