Jackson Ross Scrambles?

T2P_Priceless

I was watching some of the games from last season and I noticed many opportunities where Jackson Ross could have ran for a first down.

He typically sprints out before punting to give the punt team more time. I noticed several times where there would be no one between him and the marker if he just took off it would be an easy first down.

Surely they have seen this on film. I wonder if they will practice this with him and give the flexibility to take off.

Last edited:
I was watching some of the games from last season and I noticed many opportunities where Jackson Ross could have ran for a first down.

He typically sprints out before punting to give the punt team more time. I noticed several times where they would be no one between him and the marker if he just took off it would be an easy first down.

Surely they have seen this on film. I wonder if they will practice this with him and give the flexibility to take off.
I remember when he came here they said he has a good arm too. I thought (hoped) we’d see some kind of trickery involving him last season. Oh well, maybe they’ll cook up something this year.

He typically sprints out before punting to give the punt team more time. I noticed several times where there would be no one between him and the marker if he just took off it would be an easy first down.

I’m with you on this. I just knew they would take advantage of his arm or legs to get a first down in a key situation. Anyway, I sure hope the offense that put excitement back into our fall weekends, in 22 shows back up.

I’m with you on this. I just knew they would take advantage of his arm or legs to get a first down in a key situation. Anyway, I sure hope the offense that put excitement back into our fall weekends, in 22 shows back up.
….this triggered some Deja vu… I’ll blow it off and enjoy. I recall calling the masses to savor early on during ‘22.,

I’ve got a great gumbo recipe… 😜🤙🏼

..football, yeah. That would require returning to the top of the ncaa rankings in multiple categories.

Hmm. Hendon was exceptional.
Golesh moved on to HC at UCF.

Nico has been groomed by Hazle two years. He has met the requirements of the forge. Release the Sword for battle…

Last edited:
Austin covered this in his interview with Ross. Referenced all the bad things that have happened over the years when the punter thinks he sees daylight and goes rogue. It was one of the highlights of a very, very good interview.
I missed it. What did Ross say?

I’m sure they have it but they’re not going to run it just because they can. Bama or Georgia game would be good if the opportunity arises

Reactions: Big Al Orange
….this triggered some Deja vu… I’ll blow it off and enjoy. I recall calling the masses to savor early on during ‘22.,

..football, yeah. That would require returning to the top of the ncaa rankings in multiple categories.

Nico has been groomed by Hazle two years. He has met the requirements of the forge. Release the Sword for battle…
Chuckie I had to double check to see who posted this as I was thinking this is classic Woodsman’s style writing.

You can rest assured that the coaches know full well what they have in Jackson Ross, and that should the opportunity arise they have schemed to put him in a position to take advantage of his athleticism.

Would really add an element to the punting game

Reactions: T2P_Priceless

GOLISH is at USF, not UCF

Reactions: chuckiepoo
When asked on SEC Now to name his all-time best offense, defense, and special teams, Heupel responded by naming the '98 Tennessee defense, the 2000 Oklahoma offense, and the 2024 Tennessee special teams.

He may have a lot up his sleeve for this season.
He and Tony must be sharing notes on how to take on TV opportunities.

VN Store

Back