Jackson Ross Scrambles?

He and Tony must be sharing notes on how to take on TV opportunities.
I'll never stop being a VOL, but it is really so great for it to be so FUN to be a VOL again! It makes it easier to show my 15 y/o son how good it feels to be one of the good guys. He got frustrated with the late teens.

Damn, he must be talented to get mad about something that was 10 years before he was born? lol

Our punter just might scramble. I think Heup has proven to be occasionally sneaky enough to try that. Especially since he has little respect for 4th down, and goes for it frequently enough. Just the same, Nathan told me that he and the cracked crystal ball beamed into the 2024 future. He said our opponents are adjusting to UT's wide split offense, so Heup & Co will unveil a new Swiss Army Knife offense.

The dog claims opponents will have a healthy respect for the Vol's dangerous WRs, and defend accordingly. Josh will employ his TEs and RBs to whittle off 1st down after 1st down with passing plays. Basically exploiting QB1's accurate short throws. Foes, will come in closer to stop this, only to be carpet bombed by deep throws to the WRs. Nathan said this will force opponents into damned if you, damned if you don't dilemma. The crystal injected, speaking to Nathan, that the offense shouldn't be labeled, Swiss Army Knife. Instead, it should be EWWBL, or even Trunk Monkey.

The dog sort of nodded. so I will assume Nathan agrees.

On what the next step is for Jackson Ross to develop as a punter

“Jackson Ross is one of the most amazing punters I’ve ever been around. I mean this guy, legitimately, we’ve built a system around him and it’s been hand-in-hand around his skillset. We’ve got a lot of things that we’ve put in in this offseason that I’m beyond excited to roll out there. So what’s next about him? Is just having that year of experience. He had 27 kicks— he had 55 punts last year— 27 of them were inside the 20 yard line. Seventeen of those were inside the 10. That’s lethal. Nobody can say that. He led the country in-that and he’s gonna get better-and-better-and-better. We’ve been in the scrimmage a couple times in Neyland and he’s at 14 pooches and two of them have been on the six and the rest have been inside the four. That’s a damn weapon. I told you guys, I screwed up the first game last year and I told you he was going be a damn weapon. I didn’t lie.”

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back