Jacob Carter

This. He doesn't drop passes.
I think that Carter will be a decent receiver, and I am pulling for him, but it's too early to get carried away. He has only caught 8 passes in an actual game. He did drop one from Bray late in the season, and I think one in the O&W game.

Is he also by chance, crafty, with a great motor and a glue guy?

Coach on the field?...gym rat?....I know...guess which color fits which stereotype
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
Worley's tendency to step back sideways/ duck from an impending hit/ and simultaneously throw has me a bit worried. He did that more than a few times in the spring game. Hope the coaches fix that. I know they noticed it if I did.

Is that a confidence thing? I didn't notice that myself just curious.

#1 on the list of Neyland's Maxims: The team that makes the fewest mistakes wins.

If Carter can maintain his hands and route running in games then he should be on the field. Throughout our history we've seen how important a sure handed receiver in games can be. We've seen teams at all levels of football eaten up on short pass routes as well as longer routes even when there's little or no extra yardage added on because those plays do what they're designed for.

This guy doesn't get alot of respect on VN. I feel like our WR Corps. Would be in much worse shape without JC. Is he the most talented?No. The biggest & fastest? no. But he is smart, runs great routes, and has very good hands. We will need Carter to move the chains. .I think he will come up big for us and I'm rooting for #87. Btw, this offense will run a ton of short, efficient routes and I think that's another reason he will excel. We will pick n choose on the deep, vertical ball. No more 3rd & 1 Hail Marys lol

How much playing time do you think Carter gets this season?

Where do you think he fits in on the depth chart?

I think that he will play a lot in the early part of the season because he knows the play book. Even though some of the newer guys are more athletic than him, they won't see much of the field early on because they don't know the play book.

After the newer guys learn the playbook, his playing time will dwindle UNLESS some other players get hurt and open up more playing time for him.

If you will notice that Zack played early on in his sophomore season because Hunter & Rodgers didn't know the playbook very well early in their freshmen seasons. Then his minutes dwindled.

Then during his senior season, he got more minutes due to Da Rick not being on the team....

It's like somebody vomited white WR cliches in here.

Don't you know that all black QBs are runners instead of thinkers or gunslingers and that all white WRs are good for is being intelligent but lack the ability to make breakthrough plays? Or that the biracial kids only inherit from one side depending on how they play? And just never mind those of Asian, Pacific Islander, or Latino heritage, well, except for when you're saying Pacific Islanders are like Junior Seau or Troy Polamalu.

And ABOVE ALL don't dare bring up the biological fact that there's no such thing as race.

It's not really a stereotype if its true and in JC's case it's true.i really like him as a player and you need good, steady receivers like that. He will help us big time.

It's not really a stereotype if its true and in JC's case it's true.i really like him as a player and you need good, steady receivers like that. He will help us big time.

I'll now check "steady" off the list. :)

Seriously, I've got no clue how everybody is gleaning so much from his body of work. How many snaps did he even get last year?

Check it off buddy. Whatever makes you happy

I mean, it's clear what type of player he is. It's notice everyone is saying he sucks. He's solid and everyone pulls for him. What's your problem?

I think we are going to need Carter to be our rock early on, as Larry alluded to our very green but talented WR corp will take some time to be game ready. I can't wait to see Pig, Croom, North, Harris, and the rest of those guys to start making plays. This time next year I believe we will be talking about how our WR unit is one of the best in the country. I just hope we have someone reliable to get these guys the ball.

Check it off buddy. Whatever makes you happy

I mean, it's clear what type of player he is. It's notice everyone is saying he sucks. He's solid and everyone pulls for him. What's your problem?

No problem here. He's got deceptive speed and quickness and makes good adjustments. He's also a hard worker who gives 110% - a throwback type player.

No problem here. He's got deceptive speed and quickness and makes good adjustments. He's also a hard worker who gives 110% - a throwback type player.

STUDENT OF THE GAME...FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND...WILL NOT GIVE UP ON A PLAY

Not a good dancer, but has fun if not rhythm on the floor....can't rap but knows show tunes like nobody's business...lousy throwing the dice but kicks a$$ at charades and trivial pursuit!

Reactions: 1 person
Carter is much slower that Zro, aka White Lightning, so I dont see him having the same impact. I do however think he will get significant PT and will have a decent number of catches.

Carter is much slower that Zro, aka White Lightning, so I dont see him having the same impact. I do however think he will get significant PT and will have a decent number of catches.

JC reminds me of Steve Largent. Largent was 4.65 so average at best in terms of speed. What made Largent one of the best receivers in NFL history was knowing where to be and when to get there. This guy was clutch, money and JC is just like him.

Not a good dancer, but has fun if not rhythm on the floor....can't rap but knows show tunes like nobody's business...lousy throwing the dice but kicks a$$ at charades and trivial pursuit!

Also a great base runner on the intramural softball team as well as a 3 point threat that sets solid screens in pickup basketball.

Is that a confidence thing? I didn't notice that myself just curious.

Not sure, he was certainly getting rushed and had someone in his face a lot tho. It stood out to me because it looks like what a qb does right before throwing an interception. If you watch it again look for it. Right after his release he has already turned his head and upper body away from downfield and ducks under the rushing defender. It looked a little unusual to me. Not that it's unusual to avoid a hit. That would be smart of course. I just didn't see him stepping into it much.

VN Store

Back