Jacques Smith & Curt Maggitt

My brothers landscaper works for haslam and he said that he's pretty sure that they will both be cleared before the Oregon game. You're welcome.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Man I hope they can play we can't keep going without getting presure on the qb. Maybe someone will step up this week hopefully. It kinda makes you worry when your front four couldn't even get pressure on the qb against austin peay

According to Hubbs the staff will make the decision on.both players at the end of the week. Hubbs also said that Vereen is definitely out.

Yep. Jacques probably has the better chance of seeing some action. I think they are going to be extra careful in Curt's playing time. I had a broken thrumb in HS, and I played OT and DT with a cast on. An ACL knee tear is something else entirely.

From Butch's Monday press conference:

“One of our awards we give is the Juiceman Award and it is the individual that displays the most juice on the sidelines. I like energy. He (Jacques) was into it all game long. He was into it at the hotel. Obviously it was hurting him not being on the field. But it will be a decision that we will make throughout this week at practice along with Curt Maggitt. Right now, it was a relatively clean game in terms of health. We will know more on Curt’s status and Jacques’ status as the week progresses. There are no depth chart changes as of this time.”

Reactions: 2 people
I actually had a similar injury to him. I couldn't play (even with a cast/club) because I had pins in my thumb and the doctor wouldn't let me. I would guess that is why Smith isn't playing with a club

Yea he has pins too, I think. I remember a quote from CBJ that said he had to get his pins out first.

I had a similiar injury that required surgery and a screw bc I broke the bone attaching my thumb to my hand/wrist. Recovery to normal was about 4-5 weeks. Recovery to being able to fully use it playing sports, about 2 months.

I noticed a decline in range and strength. Not much but some. And I was overly sensitive at first bc my thumb felt like it would bend back too far.

A DE's hands are so important. I would rather him wait til he's 100%. Re-injury would suck right before SEC play

I would rather them sit this game if there is any question of them being ready ( healed). We darn well (excuse my language heh) should be able to win this game without putting them at risk. They do need at least some meaningful game experience prior to Fla - that's what the Oregon game is for. There is no doubt about the talent level at Oregon, yet it is OOC and can be used to prepare and teach with out risking conference record.

That being said, I haven't given up on stealing one in Eugene.

I definitely heard that the sun will probably rise sometime tomorrow morning if everything goes well. Maybe. Other than that I'm not quite sure.

From what I have been able to gather from this thread...a few people have sources (have heard blah, blah, blah) and as usual they have no clue lol.

I dare you to think people on vol nation would not have sources, and would just make up a lot of BS.:)

Whenever they come back, we need them to be 100%. We have a long hard season ahead, no rush( right now)

per Hubbs

J. Smith did get his pins out today, but didn't practice. Maggitt is good to do and will play. He surprised the coaches yesterday with his performance in practice and has show no hesitation in playing fast and violent.

VN Store

Back