Jalen Hurd vs. Vic Wharton

skasper06

Top Tennessee commit Jalen Hurd's Beech HS football team is scheduled to play against fellow UT commit Vic Wharton's Independence HS team on Friday September 13.

I think we should try to organize something for the guys to show our support. I live in Richmond, VA but if there are guys around Independence HS (where the game will be played) I think it would be awesome to make sure they know Volnation is proud to welcome them into the VFL family.

Jalen is an absolute beast and has been an immediate leader of this recruiting class. And Vic is constantly recruiting for us around the state and all over.

Anyone have any ideas for this?

I live in Spring Hill so I look forward attending the game.

I think my ten yr old son would enjoy watching future Vols play High School ball.

If I can make the trip home from Knoxville that day then I will definitely be there decked out in some UT gear!

Great idea. Unfortunately Vic won't be playing in the game due to his hip surgery. However, Rashaan Gaulden, a top recruiting target, will be playing for Indy vs our young Hero Jalen Hurd. Oughtta be a lot of fun.

I will be there, went to almost all of Beechs' (Hurd) games last year.. Beech is very well coached, but they will have to replace most of their OLine from last year. Luckily they have a pretty good group of Jrs coming up, but it wont be the same as running behind 5 Sr lineman. Stats me be a little different this year but make no doubt, Jalen has the it factor. He isnt a juke and quick move guy, he is a tall,strong, smooth striding, extremely fast runner with excellent field vision and athletic coordination. When he does play at safety he is a natural beast.. Reminds me of Carl pickens type but he is a RB 1st.. Both of these kids love the Vols and it should be an ORANGE EVENING for sure!

20 minutes, its between Cool Springs and Hwy 96... Not very far from you at all

It's actually not between Cool Springs and hwy 96.... it's well south of both. Hwy 96 is one exit down from Cool Springs. If you get off 65 south to Hwy 96, you still have to go west to 31S, and then go another 5-6 miles south from there to Thompsons Station.

Not flaming, just clarifying.

I was hoping to see Vic this season.My sons team, Marshall CO. plays them 2nd game.I hear they have a really good team.

I was hoping to see Vic this season.My sons team, Marshall CO. plays them 2nd game.I hear they have a really good team.

Unfortunately, he's expected to miss first 3-5 games of the season. Lets keep out fingers crossed he recovers sooner.

Reactions: 1 person
It's actually not between Cool Springs and hwy 96.... it's well south of both. Hwy 96 is one exit down from Cool Springs. If you get off 65 south to Hwy 96, you still have to go west to 31S, and then go another 5-6 miles south from there to Thompsons Station.

Not flaming, just clarifying.

it is easier just to hit 840W and get off at 31N and take the first left.

Reactions: 1 person
I will be there, went to almost all of Beechs' (Hurd) games last year.. Beech is very well coached, but they will have to replace most of their OLine from last year. Luckily they have a pretty good group of Jrs coming up, but it wont be the same as running behind 5 Sr lineman. Stats me be a little different this year but make no doubt, Jalen has the it factor. He isnt a juke and quick move guy, he is a tall,strong, smooth striding, extremely fast runner with excellent field vision and athletic coordination. When he does play at safety he is a natural beast.. Reminds me of Carl pickens type but he is a RB 1st.. Both of these kids love the Vols and it should be an ORANGE EVENING for sure!

I'm done with juke guys anyways. We've had our share of them, we need a North to South runner.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm done with juke guys anyways. We've had our share of them, we need a North to South runner.

What sucks is when Jalen gets to Tennessee he will have no offensive line to run behind, if he even plays running back. My guess is he ends up at receiver or DB/Safety. We need to get some big guys on the O-line fast. I'm sure Butch understands this.

I know I can see the school from I840 when driving toward Dickson but wonder what exit number to get off at. I think exit 28 is Franklin so what number is best for hwy 31?

I was all set to go to to that game but a big one in Chattanooga will have to take presidence....hope Vic is able to play!

What sucks is when Jalen gets to Tennessee he will have no offensive line to run behind, if he even plays running back. My guess is he ends up at receiver or DB/Safety. We need to get some big guys on the O-line fast. I'm sure Butch understands this.

We will have a young and talented OL, they can grow together and excel back to the elite where we belong.

We will have a young and talented OL, they can grow together and excel back to the elite where we belong.

Don't respond to him...BAMA fan doing a bad impression...you probably know this already...rival fans are welcome on here but guys pulling his spiel should be shunned imo...hope I'm not alone in this view
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back