Jalen Hurd vs. Vic Wharton

Don't respond to him...BAMA fan doing a bad impression...you probably know this already...rival fans are welcome on here but guys pulling his spiel should be shunned imo...hope I'm not alone in this view
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Burn the witch!!!

Maybe Butch can fly in in a Helicopter......... That's a new idea.

..........no wait;

Turn that HS stadium Tennessee Orange folks since that game will have 2 commits and maybe 1 or 2 more kids we might want.

Show these kids how passionate Tennessee fans really are and how much we really appreciate them coming to Tennessee!

VFL...GBO!!!

What sucks is when Jalen gets to Tennessee he will have no offensive line to run behind, if he even plays running back. My guess is he ends up at receiver or DB/Safety. We need to get some big guys on the O-line fast. I'm sure Butch understands this.

What?! He will definitely be getting the ball handed to him on the reg.

I live in Spring Hill so I look forward attending the game.

I think my ten yr old son would enjoy watching future Vols play High School ball.

Personally, I don't know. Suggestion: Try MapQuest.

Why don't we just send a couple of hostesses with some signs to the game? We could have them get their pictures made with the recruits and everything...

I'm done with juke guys anyways. We've had our share of them, we need a North to South runner.

We haven't had juke guys. Hurd has great qualities but he may be too tall to play running back in the SEC. The kid is 6'3" now, yes, and still growing? How many 6'3" backs are there in major college or NFL football? Almost none. I hope the kid becomes an All America, don't get me wrong, but he's abnormally tall for the position--and will present a big target in a conference with some good defenses.

We haven't had juke guys. Hurd has great qualities but he may be too tall to play running back in the SEC. The kid is 6'3" now, yes, and still growing? How many 6'3" backs are there in major college or NFL football? Almost none. I hope the kid becomes an All America, don't get me wrong, but he's abnormally tall for the position--and will present a big target in a conference with some good defenses.

Understand what you're trying to say because the trend right now is towards shorter RBs.

However, some of the all time great RBs were "very tall" - Jim Brown, 6'2; OJ Simpson 6'2"; Eric Dickerson 6'4"; John Riggins 6'2"; Franco Harris 6'3"; Marcus Allen 6'2". Some others, Eddie George 6'3", OJ Anderson 6'2", Chuck Muncie 6'4".... And finally, the best RB in the NFL today, Adrian Peterson is 6'1 or 6'2". I could name others I'm sure, those just came to mind.

IMO, Hurds height is not a weakness or something to overcome, especially when you consider he's 232 lbs and runs 4.37. I think he's gonna be a big target that few DBs are gonna want to deal with once he cracks the second level.

20 minutes, its between Cool Springs and Hwy 96... Not very far from you at all

Wrongo! It's right across from the Columbia/Franklin exit off I-840.Probably 45 minutes to an hour from Bellevue. It's very close to Spring Hill. Not very far from you to see what should be a great game.

25-30 minutes. I-40 East to I-65 south to I-840 west, Franklin exit. There are other ways but this is as quick as any, major "highways".

Major highways and Friday afternoons don't mix. Take Hwy 100 all the way through Fairview (DON'T SPEED!!), hit 840 East, take that all the way to Thompson Station exit. Independence High sits right next to the highway. Can't miss it.

What sucks is when Jalen gets to Tennessee he will have no offensive line to run behind, if he even plays running back. My guess is he ends up at receiver or DB/Safety. We need to get some big guys on the O-line fast. I'm sure Butch understands this.

Don't respond to him...BAMA fan doing a bad impression...you probably know this already...rival fans are welcome on here but guys pulling his spiel should be shunned imo...hope I'm not alone in this view
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Definitely a troll job here.

Understand what you're trying to say because the trend right now is towards shorter RBs.

However, some of the all time great RBs were "very tall" - Jim Brown, 6'2; OJ Simpson 6'2"; Eric Dickerson 6'4"; John Riggins 6'2"; Franco Harris 6'3"; Marcus Allen 6'2". Some others, Eddie George 6'3", OJ Anderson 6'2", Chuck Muncie 6'4".... And finally, the best RB in the NFL today, Adrian Peterson is 6'1 or 6'2". I could name others I'm sure, those just came to mind.

IMO, Hurds height is not a weakness or something to overcome, especially when you consider he's 232 lbs and runs 4.37. I think he's gonna be a big target that few DBs are gonna want to deal with once he cracks the second level.

By the time JH is finished growing he will be a TE.

Major highways and Friday afternoons don't mix. Take Hwy 100 all the way through Fairview (DON'T SPEED!!), hit 840 East, take that all the way to Thompson Station exit. Independence High sits right next to the highway. Can't miss it.

Good thought. Actually, better thought. I hate traffic and you'll get very little going this way.

VN Store

Back