James Banks

K-town Vol Fan

Blood Runneth Orange
He was an awesome player. Too bad he couldn't have been better off the field. I remember ever 3rd and long play i'd scream at the TV, "Throw it to 11, he'll catch it!" and he usually did. Remember the hail mary at Florida he cought for a TD at the end of the 1st half? What a play.

Anyway, does anyone know why he was kicked? All I can find is that he violated team rules. It's a shame, kid had a bright future. What a waste of talent.

he smoked weed. before that he go in trouble for drinking.

lol.. i am sorry.. we must have been typing at the same time.. i thought that is what it was anyways.. too bad.. the kid had talent.. even thought he had the good to make it to the show as a wr too the way he was going

Originally posted by madattiver@Jan 20, 2005 3:14 PM
lol.. i am sorry.. we must have been typing at the same time.. i thought that is what it was anyways.. too bad.. the kid had talent.. even thought he had the good to make it to the show as a wr too the way he was going

Banks woulda given us a deep threat.. but this year meachem can, and we have the best receving core in the sec

What got Banks in trouble was that he was using a fake "hotdog" and clean urine during his drug tests. When they found that his urine sample was somewhat warmer than regular urine, they got suspicious and he was busted.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jan 20, 2005 3:19 PM
What got Banks in trouble was that he was using a fake "hotdog" and clean urine during his drug tests. When they found that his urine sample was somewhat warmer than regular urine, they got suspicious and he was busted.

i never heard anything about banks.. he kinda just disapeared after the suspension

He tried to enroll at Chatanooga to finish off his eligibility and they turned him down.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jan 20, 2005 3:23 PM
He tried to enroll at Chatanooga to finish off his eligibility and they turned him down.

big step down! UT down to Chattanooga...
LESSON= do not smoke weed, do not get caught smoking weed... especially if you have NFL talent

Good. I like making an example out of somebody who purposefully tries to play by his own set of rules. We don't need players who put a harmful, selfish drug habit above the good of the team.

Now, if the Pro's would just follow suit. ('Course, wouldn't be much left of the NBA if that were the case. . . .)

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Jan 20, 2005 3:26 PM
Good. I like making an example out of somebody who purposefully tries to play by his own set of rules. We don't need players who put a harmful, selfish drug habit above the good of the team.

Now, if the Pro's would just follow suit. ('Course, wouldn't be much left of the NBA if that were the case. . . .)

yeah, NBA is a little bit... um.. crappy?
I'll stick with some march madness over travelingfest anyday

haha. good nba comment. well banks is just another wasted talent. he could have been great. i mean the best wideout ever at tennessee. his hands were so soft. he could catch anything. the catch that sticks in my mind is the one were he caught the td in overtime over sc two years ago. i just hate peole that waste there talent like this. i would kill to have that much talent at a sport. i would give all my possesions to play a couple downs for tennessee. it just upsets me how you cant stay out of trouble.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 20, 2005 3:30 PM
he could have been great. i mean the best wideout ever at tennessee.

I strongly disagree with that.

really. he played very well. he would have stayed out of trouble he would have been our no1. wideout of the year. then he would have been going into his senior year this year. well i think he could have been at least top 2 of all time. he had some of the best hands i have ever seen.

Originally posted by nationalchamps2006UT+Jan 20, 2005 3:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nationalchamps2006UT @ Jan 20, 2005 3:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Orangewhiteblood@Jan 20, 2005 3:23 PM

big step down&#33; UT down to Chattanooga...
LESSON= do not smoke weed, do not get caught smoking weed... especially if you have NFL talent [/quote]
Terrell Owens played there, he turned out alright

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 20, 2005 3:35 PM
well i think he could have been at least top 2 of all time. he had some of the best hands i have ever seen.

He could have been in the top 20.....maybe. He dropped a lot of easy passes too. He was just known for the bizarre circus catches that he made.

top 20? when it came to it though, if you needed a catch it was made by him.

btw..the final straw for the couches was when Banks got into some trouble with the cops at like 3 in the morning on 22nd street

Originally posted by UTVOLFAN@Jan 20, 2005 3:42 PM
btw..the final straw for the couches was when Banks got into some trouble with the cops at like 3 in the morning on 22nd street

Wasn&#39;t that a something minor though? I thought that I heard he was drinking and playing his music too loud.....

yeah, and the cops told him to turn it down and he told them to #%&@ off and turned it up. The cops tried to talk to him and he got kinda verbal.

James Banks, what a damn shame, he still the best receiver on our team in EA Sports NCAA Football 2005. Do you think he has a chancein the NFL draft or as a walk on ?

Banks was a huge waste of talent&#33; This kid could&#39;ve had a unreal career at UT and in the NFL. It&#39;s a shame&#33; Damn Hoosiers...lol

VN Store

Back