Jansek and Martinez

UGADawg4Life

How are they received at UT? I know that many were, at first, disappointed with CBJ's hiring rather than Gruden. But I'd like to know what the average Vol fan thinks of your D coaches. I haven't followed them much since they left Athens.

They're new, so naturally they're perceived warmly. CBJ, however, is approaching rockstar status.

Reactions: 1 person
How are they received at UT? I know that many were, at first, disappointed with CBJ's hiring rather than Gruden. But I'd like to know what the average Vol fan thinks of your D coaches. I haven't followed them much since they left Athens.

we love them cuz dey gon help us woop dat uga azz

woop dat azz eye say!

Reactions: 12 people
My take is we are going to be a team that lives on the edge on defense. We will blitz and we will get burned some, probably a lot at first, but we will get a lot more sacks and interceptions with this defense. I don't know how well that'll translate in the SEC, but I'm sure it'll be a heck of a lot better then Sals scheme last year.

Reactions: 4 people
I think history shows that Martinez will be fine as long as we don't let him make any defensive play calls.

Reactions: 6 people
My take is we are going to be a team that lives on the edge on defense. We will blitz and we will get burned some, probably a lot at first, but we will get a lot more sacks and interceptions with this defense. I don't know how well that'll translate in the SEC, but I'm sure it'll be a heck of a lot better then Sals scheme last year.

who would've guessed that we'd miss the mustang package...

agree. I think we will play fast and swarm to the ball. We might make mistakes, but it won't be for the lack of trying. In a few years, with much more speed on D, we will create lots of turnovers and set up our offense well.

Needless to say, I'm excited!

Well, it can't get any worse... Sal makes anyone look like a genius.

Reactions: 3 people
Personally I won't be sold on Jancek until I see the product on the field. Partly because I got burned by Sal but also because I'm not impressed with Jancek's experience and history. I'm hoping for the best though.

You've got more than 100 posts here in the month of April alone. You can't spell the man's name correctly. Forgive me if I don't find your inquiry sincere.

Reactions: 9 people
agree. I think we will play fast and swarm to the ball. We might make mistakes, but it won't be for the lack of trying. In a few years, with much more speed on D, we will create lots of turnovers and set up our offense well.

Needless to say, I'm excited!

This is what I think most fans want and will see. It's hard to watch your favorite team lose. But it's harder to fill a 102k seat stadium when fans watch their team quit.

I am not sure if it has been said before, but CBJ gets it. IMO

You've got more than 100 posts here in the month of April alone. You can't spell the man's name correctly. Forgive me if I don't find your inquiry sincere.

Gruden is spelled correctly. :)

I trust CBJ's evaluations of assistant coaches. I think if he wanted to make an upgrade at DC, he could have. He trusts Jancek, although his single year as DC at Cincy is a bit concerning.

This is what I think most fans want and will see. It's hard to watch your favorite team lose. But it's harder to fill a 102k seat stadium when fans watch their team quit.

I am not sure if it has been said before, but CBJ gets it. IMO

Yup. That was the hardest part of the last season for me. Just didn't seem like anybody wanted to be there. And that starts at the top.

However, based off of recruits and current player's quotes, that shouldn't be a problem going forward

After that train wreck last year the defense can only get better. How much better remains to be seen.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Well we've landed Payne and Kelly Jr. Not to mention we lead for Cortez McDowell, D.J. Smith, and Wesley Green. So they obviously feel that the defense is in good hands. I think we'll be alright.

The jury is still out, but i think they'll be warmly received if* they can show improvement from last year's Sunseri debacle. So they're pretty much set up for sucess.

*if they cant improve from almost last in the conference, they probably shouldn't be coaching at the college level, or anywhere else for that matter.

Mixed feelings. Not a big fan of either one of them. HOWEVER - and I wrote in all caps for a reason - they can't be any worse than Fat Sal.

I trust CBJ's evaluations of assistant coaches. I think if he wanted to make an upgrade at DC, he could have. He trusts Jancek, although his single year as DC at Cincy is a bit concerning.

Well he was co-defensive coord. the year before that at Cincy if it makes you feel any better.

If they can keep tn def in the top 15 in total def then I think vol fans will be happy. He was fired at GA for a reason but we will see how that turns out for us.

I personally don't think we have the best staff in america but if they beat bama n Fla hey who cares...lol

VN Store

Back