Jerod Mayo as Belichick's successor?

Would be a DUMB move by Smart. He's setup at GA to make the playoffs every year and have superior talent than most every other team.
Well part of the RUMOR is that his deal for NE is $17 million a year. No recruiting or NIL to deal with. Would be hard for anybody to turn down that money. Big risk as far as being successful though..

Well part of the RUMOR is that his deal for NE is $17 million a year. No recruiting or NIL to deal with. Would be hard for anybody to turn down that money. Big risk as far as being successful though..

Kirby doesn’t strike me as an NFL guy but I wouldn’t blame him for trying it. NFL head coaches are notorious workaholics but they only have to concentrate on football and do get to enjoy somewhat of an off season. They’re just under more pressure to win immediately. In college it’s a 24/7 365 grind with no let up. He has the perfect situation at UGA but that contract and work schedule would tempt anybody.

He’d have been a HC for several years if he wasn’t intent on succeeding Belichick imo. His star power was higher than DeMeco Ryans who’s been a raging success. This is a copycat league and this would be the defensive candidate equivalent of teams getting their own Kyle Shanahan.

Kirby doesn’t strike me as an NFL guy but I wouldn’t blame him for trying it. NFL head coaches are notorious workaholics but they only have to concentrate on football and do get to enjoy somewhat of an off season. They’re just under more pressure to win immediately. In college it’s a 24/7 365 grind with no let up. He has the perfect situation at UGA but that contract and work schedule would tempt anybody.

Maybe not, but for some the ego just can't be contained. In a room full of 100 head football coaches, there are 100 smartest guys in the room. And not only is the schedule better, it's a more prestigious gig--only 32 positions available.

He's already done what's needed in Athens. They're going to put a statue of him in front Sanford Stadium one day.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Would like to see him as a head coach for another team so I can pull for him to succeed.

Maybe not, but for some the ego just can't be contained. In a room full of 100 head football coaches, there are 100 smartest guys in the room. And not only is the schedule better, it's a more prestigious gig--only 32 positions available.

He's already done what's needed in Athens. They're going to put a statue of him in front Sanford Stadium one day.
Yeah, he'll scratch the NFL itch like Saban, realize he hates it, and be ready to jump back to the SEC just as Saban retires and Bama will hire him. That would be our luck.

Reactions: norrislakevol

VN Store

Back