Jerod Mayo as Belichick's successor?

Yeah, he'll scratch the NFL itch like Saban, realize he hates it, and be ready to jump back to the SEC just as Saban retires and Bama will hire him. That would be our luck.

046a33f1-14c8-4553-980b-4cc760487be8_text.gif

Best case for the Titans... trade Vrabel to the Pats for a 1 and a 3. Then replace him with Mayo. Gives you 2 top 10 picks in this draft and a new coach with a lot of helium.

That would be a trade worthy of consideration.

Kirby doesn’t strike me as an NFL guy but I wouldn’t blame him for trying it. NFL head coaches are notorious workaholics but they only have to concentrate on football and do get to enjoy somewhat of an off season. They’re just under more pressure to win immediately. In college it’s a 24/7 365 grind with no let up. He has the perfect situation at UGA but that contract and work schedule would tempt anybody.
Not saying Kirby would or wouldn't be a good NFL coach...maybe if they continue their 2023 tank and get QB1 in the draft would help. Not so sure Kirby would be as successful at UF or LSU or UT. He'd be good, but he hit on perfect timing w/ UGA...kinda like Fulmer but at a much higher level. Took over a program with plenty talent, but took it higher b/c of competency, in a recruiting hotbed where he doesn't have to really leave the state and I think the fit of being an alum.

Kirby goes to the Patriot and Mayo replaces Banks would be the perfect scenario.
Lets see, as it pertains to Kirby....didn't Spurrier try this with the "Skins"? Didn't Barry Switzer try this with the Cowboys? (yes, I know he won a SB with Jimmy's team but then fell dramatically). Saban left LSU to coach the Dolphins? Not exactly a prudent path IMO.

Don't get me wrong. I hope he leaves to coach Carolina or Atlanta.

I don’t follow the NFL at all but would probably take interest in a team if Kirby was the coach. Don’t know if he would be successful but he’s entertaining.

CBS Sports podcast on You Tube saying that Belichick will leave New England after this season is over.

The Pats roster is one of the worst in the league. That offense is bad everywhere. The defense is good, but how much of that is the coach vs the players. They need a long rebuild. The next coach will be following a legend who left behind an absolute dumpster fire of squad. I would avoid that job like the plague.

IMO he won't get fired by the PATS but he might resign etc...He needs to give up the GM position and hire one and just coach...But I bet he won't give up that control without a fight.

If he leaves New England there will be several NFL teams knocking his door down to hire him.

VN Store

Back