Jersey Ideas

thebradmanvolfan

Every Day
hey i thought about a few ideas about new jerseys how about we put some black in a jersey what do you think or give an idea of a jersey that would look good i love this simile :dance2:

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    197.8 KB · Views: 86
no no no no. no black. orange and white will do just fine. my favorite unis are the ones we wore in 97.

heres some pics of them

away jerseys 97-
orange8-lg.jpg

home jerseys97-
right_peyton_ap.jpg

I always thought that black jerseys with orange numerals outlined in white with the names in white would look good with our helmets and white pants. Like for a Halloween game or something.

I actually had a photoshop pic of our jerseys like that, but I can't find it. I know some would think it would look horrible, but they actually look good if you do it like I described above.

Originally posted by Mullet Vol@Aug 7, 2005 7:10 PM
I always thought that black jerseys with orange numerals outlined in white with the names in white would look good with our helmets and white pants.  Like for a Halloween game or something.

I actually had a photoshop pic of our jerseys like that, but I can't find it.  I know some would think it would look horrible, but they actually look good if you do it like I described above.
[snapback]123401[/snapback]​

Yea thats what i am saying it would look good but some people think that it would look bad but it looks good to me

I don't know how it would look, but there's the little issue of black not being one of our school colors.

Plus, the black is absolutely horrible for early season day games.

The only black I like on Tennessee's uniforms is in the outline of away jersey's numbers. I actually prefer the white shoes to the black ones, but most here seem to prefer the black shoes.

Keep it orange and white, but do bring back the throwbacks we had last year against UNLV. Those are some of the most bad-a uniforms I've ever seen.

Why do different UT teams have different secondary colors? Womens bball has that light blue, baseball has black, now you guys are talking about putting a little black into the uni's. You should stick to O & W, or atleast get the same secondary colors.

Well, the light blue is just a secondary color of the Lady Vols and that's the way it is.

Baseball... I can't really explain the black. Maybe somebody with a better knowledge of Tennessee baseball can explain that one.

Originally posted by GAVol@Aug 7, 2005 6:35 PM
I don't know how it would look, but there's the little issue of black not being one of our school colors. 

Plus, the black is absolutely horrible for early season day games.
[snapback]123410[/snapback]​

maybe thats one reason the commodores suck so bad :dunno:

Originally posted by duckman398686@Aug 7, 2005 10:41 PM
maybe thats one reason the commodores suck so bad :dunno:
[snapback]123516[/snapback]​

The 'Dores would suck in ANY color.

idk, if a team was wearing purple and pink i think I may not want to play them..................................

I'm not saying use it 3 times a year. Maybe once every couple of years or something like that.

Duke has black uniforms in b-ball and so does Florida, ND has their green f-ball jerseys and we have our black baseball unis.

I think it be a cool change of pace every couple of years.

Gatorville the Gators are lucky they have nine combos for theirunis with orange, blue and white. We have four and we don't use two of them. The Gators use at least five combos of their colors.

Eventually UT will have black jerseys IMO. Fulmer as already incorporated black into alot of our practice stuff so I think it is just a matter of time.

I guess I'm just too "old school" and prefer only orange and white for ANY of the UT teams. I don't even like black around the jersey numbers.

Originally posted by Mullet Vol@Aug 7, 2005 8:48 PM
I'm not saying use it 3 times a year.  Maybe once every couple of years or something like that. 

Duke has black uniforms in b-ball and so does Florida, ND has their green f-ball jerseys and we have our black baseball unis.

I think it be a cool change of pace every couple of years.

Gatorville the Gators are lucky they have nine combos for theirunis with orange, blue and white.  We have four and we don't use two of them.  The Gators use at least five combos of their colors.

Eventually UT will have black jerseys IMO.  Fulmer as already incorporated black into alot of our practice stuff so I think it is just a matter of time.
[snapback]123525[/snapback]​

i don think it will ever happen. we need to keep with tradition. thats one thing tht makes ut special. very few schools have kept the exact same uniform over the years except for penn state and a few others. nebraska and the irish woulda ben up there to but the added the stripe down the side of their unis. plus i really dont feel right with the big ORANGE dressed in black.

Originally posted by Mullet Vol@Aug 7, 2005 8:48 PM

Gatorville the Gators are lucky they have nine combos for theirunis with orange, blue and white.  We have four and we don't use two of them.  The Gators use at least five combos of their colors.
[snapback]123525[/snapback]​

Whats your point? We have a blue top, and a white top. A blue, white and orange bottom. UT has a white and orange top, and white and orange bottom.

How does this relate to UT using different secondary colors? Im sure an all white look, or a white/orange combo would look fine. I still dont see how this relates to UT using different secondary colors. Almost every team in the country has 2 different looks. Look at USC.

Who cares about USC?

Volunteers are orange and white. Any black we see on field will be cleats maybe socks, and trim around the away Jersey numerals.

Sure i love the throw Backs, IMO would enjoy more of them for openers.

As for breaking tradition, leave that for the SC, KY, VANDY, & Fla(F) (years past) to dress as they see fit.

For Bowls, SEC'CG wear what, got you there(home or away colors)!

Eventually UT will have black jerseys IMO. Fulmer as already incorporated black into alot of our practice stuff so I think it is just a matter of time.
Adidas provides all practice wear, Game day is the same.
There will never be a Black Jersey in UT!

For Info
UT's official colors include Columbia Blue which all Lady Vol teams incorporate and the men's teams do not. The black on football uniforms came from complaints from TV and media not being able to see the orange numbers on white on TV and from the press box. Black has always been part of the Baseball uniforms.

There will NEVER be Black Jersey's or Black on the home Orange Jersey's

Well, why do you have black baseball uni's? Also, if "columbia blue" is an official color, why not use it? I think it looks horrible, but if its an official color, all teams should wear it. Just one thing I've noticed when watching UT sports.

Can you not read about baseball uniforms?????

The women use it the men choose not to, it keeps the Men's and Women's Athletic Dept. Separate and gives each it's own identity.

...Which I think they shouldnt do. We've established this. However, its not like our opinions matter.

VN Store

Back