JJ Peterson's status, requirements and timetable after classes begin

Guys I'm going to refrain from poking fun at a situation I know nothing about. We don't know if or when JJ is coming just like we don't know the reason he hadn't completed his schoolwork.

I would think and hope they have been the entire time he was committed, that is their job,

Hopefully they’ve been working with JJ and his requirements. I’m referring to our academic standards. If they are higher than other SEC schools we need to get that fixed.

Hopefully they’ve been working with JJ and his requirements. I’m referring to our academic standards. If they are higher than other SEC schools we need to get that fixed.
I would hope at this late date, they have been working to help him get here, hence, what they are supposed to do, and since I’m “hoping” they know what the academic requirements are required and agree it should be the same across the board unless we want them to do something outside of football when they get thier degree.

I'm a little more concerned about what happens IF he gets here. Will he be able to handle a college workload well enough to stay eligible? Of course I don't have any insight into why he struggled thus far, but it can't help but be a concern that we waste a scholly on someone who can't stay on field.
I have read that he lives with Coach Propst. I'm sure that's a football first family. It still baffles me on how Propst Let this get so far out of control! But, I believe if he makes it to UT, he will have sufficient resources to get the academic part done, if he chooses to.

If he is such a poor student, it doesn't say much for his high school. My son'school prioritizes grades for student/athletes.

He was recruited by EVERYBODY in high school and chose Tennessee because of Pruitt. Don’t see that changing in glorified high school.

How many players in your glorified HS end up where they first committed? It's possible he might come back, but he will need to be recruited all over again. If he get his grades in good enough order, he will get other offers. But by that time, Pruitt may have landed other line backers who don't have a problem with studying.

No, if he is going to end up a Vol, I hope he doesn't go to JUCO.

"Thats how I'm have Tennessee", I think I understand his problem... Is that english?

giphy.gif

How many players in your glorified HS end up where they first committed? It's possible he might come back, but he will need to be recruited all over again. If he get his grades in good enough order, he will get other offers. But by that time, Pruitt may have landed other line backers who don't have a problem with studying.

No, if he is going to end up a Vol, I hope he doesn't go to JUCO.
I’d say that a huge number of former Bammers become current Bammers. Wonder if Pruitt took notes?

And OFFERS have never been in short supply for the kid. Yeah other teams would (once again) pursue him heavily...and so will Pruitt. He does the academic work in JUCO and he’ll be more than fine with our stellar academic team. And we would still have the original advantage...Pruitt.

Last edited:
I’d say that a huge number of former Bammers become current Bammers. Wonder if Pruitt took notes?

And OFFERS have never been in short supply for the kid. Yeah other teams would (once again) pursue him heavily...and so will Pruitt. He does the academic work in JUCO and he’ll be more than fine with our stellar academic team. And we would still have the original advantage...Pruitt.

Not sure where we get so many experts on Bama football. It's been my general understanding that once a player goes JUCO they seldom make it back to the original school.

Reactions: jonnon111
Not sure where we get so many experts on Bama football. It's been my general understanding that once a player goes JUCO they seldom make it back to the original school.
FOr UT the only recent one I can think of is Gerald Williams maybe???

Every school stretches things to some degree to accommodate a good athlete.

I remember a few years ago some kid wasn't academically eligible at South Carolina but was admitted to Notre Dame. And I have a friend who, as a grad school student and tutor to athletes at a West Coast Pac 10 school, was amazed at how academically slow some were. He showed me papers that some had written that were 8th grade level at best.

At least two 5 star DL went JUCO and come back on ya. Your very own Tidal Surge bragged about that being the expected result for Jordan Davis. You sister punchers don’t really value them because of your usual annual takes...so I wouldn’t expect you to “understand” it. 😉

Reactions: Behr

VN Store

Back